Could i have a Transmission problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could i have a Transmission problem?

Hey guys, recently i've been noticing something about my transmission. First off.. whenever I drive my car in first gear and floor it to 6k rpm, I press the clutch in and try changing gears but it almost always seem to grind gears. Even when the clutch is pressed and I change gears slowly. I haven't been able to figure this out. I had a clutch changed back in June. Does anyone know what could cause this? Honestly, the way the transmission grinds almost everytime in first gear now.... i am afraid i will screw up the transmisison. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

maybe the shifter bushings, i had the same problem, replaced them and the issue was resolved.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

syncros in the tranny are more then likely worn.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

try the bushings before you go rebuilding your tranny.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I had the urethane bushing from Wil. It made it feel better but i still had the problem. Bleeding the Clutch line? Is that done in a clutch install? Because if it is, it would have been done while the clutch was replaced. It only happens from first to second gear.

Comment

lol thanks bro. I'll get it done hopefully before Nopi Nationals. Which is in a few weeks.

Comment

I was having this problem in mine(started all the sudden), replaced the bushings and it was fine. Let me know if bleeding the clutch helps you, cause I think just about every 3rd gen 1.6 is hard to get into second.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Who has a 3rd gen 1.6l? lol. If you are talking about me, I have a 95 1.5l.

Comment

Mine grinds from 1st to 2nd too but only when i try to shift really fast. But i think my clutch is worn out.

Comment

Yeah, I would definitely bleed it, and even change the transmission fluid to Redline. That would probably help. I have noticed that 2nd gear I have to let out a little more slowly than other gears. It might be those synchros are more common to wear. Also, I think you can adjust the pedal. I've noticed that since I put in my ACT clutch, I have to push the pedal all the way down, or it'll grind. I need to change it a tiny bit.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                    X