Will 3rd Gen wheels fit on a 2nd gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 3rd Gen wheels fit on a 2nd gen?

I know there both 4 lug, but what about the bolt spacing and back spacing?

Also, what other rims fit the 2nd gen?

I wish the MazdaSpeed Proteg rims fit!!

Thanks
    Steven
    Last edited by BlownGP; 08-31-2004, 06:00 PM.
    VOTE FOR ME

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Yes, they will. But only the 4x100 bolt pattern. The wheels of Protege 5, Protege ES are 5 bolt pattern.

Also, I know you are new here, and I already moved one of your post, but please do try to post questions in the apropriate forums. There is a Tire/Wheel section for all generation of Proteges.
    Last edited by turbonium959; 08-31-2004, 06:36 PM.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

you have to clarify the years: the 3rd gen v2.0 (01 and beyond I believe) use 5 lug. my 99 es and I believe the 00 es' use the 4x100.
      My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
      JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
      AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Ohh, I think it's just the ES and P5 that are five lug. Even the 01 DX and LX are still 4lug. It's in the FAQ under model info
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yes, Charles is right. The DX and LX from 01 up are still the same 4-lug pattern.

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that. From 2001-on ES models use five lug pattern, just like Protege 5. All other ES models up to 2001 use 4x100 mm bolt pattern.

Comment

pretty much any 4 lug honda rim will fit also, thay are all 4x100
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

honda rims on a mazda? yuck. C'mon goldpro, I thought you were better than that
                My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

I always knew he was a ricer.

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                    Yes, they will. But only the 4x100 bolt pattern. The wheels of Protege 5, Protege ES are 5 bolt pattern.

Also, I know you are new here, and I already moved one of your post, but please do try to post questions in the apropriate forums. There is a Tire/Wheel section for all generation of Proteges.
                    Sorry

Alright.. Thanks guys...

I just wanted to get some Stock 15" 3rd gen wheels. I have seen some around here and there 4 lug on a 3rd gen
                    VOTE FOR ME

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

Are you looking for wheels like these in the picture? If so, good luck. Intruder's been asking about them for something like six months now and nobody's selling.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BlownGP
                        Sorry

Alright.. Thanks guys...

I just wanted to get some Stock 15" 3rd gen wheels. I have seen some around here and there 4 lug on a 3rd gen
                        i think ive seen u on htownracing.com
                        i is dumb

Comment

BAH WHATEVER! i like my honda rims, they are wicked light, and great for auto-x, and most of all wayyy better then the stock steelies.

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                            BAH WHATEVER! i like my honda rims, they are wicked light, and great for auto-x, and most of all wayyy better then the stock steelies.
                            What are you whining about? Nobody asked you, or anything about your light Honda wheels. And, you only auto-xed twice!!!

Lol, Benny. I am just busting your balls.

Comment

i just got sick of smoking your crappy ass car, lol, i stopped after i foun d out bout my fuel problem, lol ill be up and running soon i promise.

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X