Emergency Help Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency Help Required

Alright heres the deal I went to a dealership here icn Kingston today to get my power steering flushed. I noticed a dark discolouration of my power steering fluid during my normal checking of the vehicle. So i took it in, as he got in my car I heard a clunking grinding noise comming form my front passenger side wheel. So I had him check it out and sure enough, I have 4 busted caliper pins, or so they say. So I need to get all 4 replaced and sure enough it's going to run me 220 $.

all you experts:
    1) would this actually be the cause of the noise?
    2) what possible damage could this cause?
    3) is there a cheaper way i could fix this?

Let me know please If you can, I cant stomach another huge bill, I'll shell out if I have to but I really dont want to if I can avoid it.

ON a side note, they are sellign the mazdaspeed axle back sport exhaust for less then 200$$.
    Visit My Garage

ugg I got 2 more hours to make a decision on brining it in or not to be fixed tomorrow
    Visit My Garage

Comment

take it in tomorrow,

take your wheels off and make sure you just not missing a bolt or something.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

apparently they checked it out and all 4 are shot. dammit thats 220$ I did NOT want to spend. Looks like exhaust will be waiting until the spring.
        Visit My Garage

Comment

all four, your car has 4 wheel discs? Anyways, i would look at it myself and schedule an appt for tomorrow is i were you.

first of all, i dont see how a caliper pin breaks. The only thing i can see is a bolt working its way or or a pin being locked up in the caliper. In that case just take out the pins, clean them out and re lube them.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
          X