2005 Acura RSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Acura RSX

New Colors: Blaze Orange Metallic, Magnesium Metallic, Vivid Blue, Jade Green
    Returning Colors: Milano Red, Satin Silver Metallic, Premium White Pearl, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Redline has been increased, runs close to the 2004 S2000 redline now. (8100 rpms, versus 8200 on the S2000).

Supposedly the leather quality is better (RSX leather sucked in the old cars), with new seats that have better bolstering. Gauges look a little different than previous years, with a white background that turns red at night.

There's also supposedly a dual stage intake manifold ala the TL/CL Type S that gives the RSX a much better torque curve. The new final drive is from the JDM Integra Type R which makes people think that the car should be able to pull low 14s in the 1/4 mile (???). The JDM ITR pulls a 14 flat in the 1/4 mile with 220hp.

The stabilizer bars are also thicker which should add to the handling characteristics of the car.

Supposedly will get Projector HIDs, heated seats, and a better sound system, but this has yet to be determined. It almost looks like it could have Projector HIDs in the pictures though.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

More important than the gingerbread are the hardware changes for this year. Both base and Type-S cars received suspension revisions that include a 7mm-lower ride height, firmer stabilizer bars and revised shock and spring rates. The Type-S now has bigger wheels — 17-inchers versus last year's 16s. The steering and braking systems were tweaked as well — the steering is blessed with a quicker ratio and the brakes benefit from a larger master cylinder and reduced pedal stroke. To minimize NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) levels, body rigidity was increased via reinforcements at key areas and sound insulation was added to the doors and roof to quiet the cabin at cruising speeds.
    In the engine room, the Type-S model's 2.0-liter four picks up 10 horsepower (now at 210 ponies) thanks to intake and exhaust mods, including slightly more aggressive cams and a larger diameter exhaust system. And no, the increase in horsepower didn't come at the expense of torque output, which actually goes up a single pound-foot, for a total of 143 lb-ft.

As far as the increase in power, honestly, it was hard to tell the difference, probably because the power peak on the '05 occurs at 7,800 rpm versus 7,400 rpm on the '04. Certainly the previous Type-S was no slouch in acceleration, posting a quick 6.7-second time for the 0-60 dash and blazing down the quarter in just 15.2 seconds. So even if the 2005 Type-S "only" duplicates these numbers, you won't see us complaining.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

the integra looks more and more like a civic each time I see it.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Did they plug up that big hole above the rear plate?
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

It doesn't look much different to me... some internal upgrades I guess but not much aesthetic

Comment

I've seen the new orange color they are offering. It looks very very nice.

Comment

Working...
            X