2006 Mercury Milan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Mercury Milan

Mercury unveils a sketch of its all-new entry-level sedan, the 2006 Mercury Milan.
    When the Mercury Milan is unveiled at the 2005 North American International Auto Show, it will be the fourth new Mercury product introduced over two years.
    Milan, with its modern Mercury design, will draw younger, more diverse customers to the Lincoln Mercury showroom.
    NEW YORK CITY, August 26, 2004 – The product onslaught that is opening new doors for new customers in Lincoln Mercury showrooms continues in 2005 with the introduction of the all-new Mercury Milan, a sleek, entry-level sedan.
    In announcing its new advertising campaign and tag line – "New Doors Open" – Mercury also unveiled a sketch of its fourth new vehicle in just two years.

"We use the words 'different' and 'smarter' quite a bit when talking about Mercury, " said Darryl Hazel, Lincoln Mercury president. "They absolutely apply to the new Milan. Milan will bring a different customer to Mercury dealers – significantly younger customers drawn to the upscale design and smart feature packaging that define Mercury's new products."

The five-passenger Milan will enter the midsize-sedan market, which remains one of the industry's largest segments.

The 2006 Milan takes its design inspiration and cues from the modern, savvy new Mercury design DNA that has developed into a family of contemporary new cars, SUVs and minivans. The Milan will be based on Ford Motor Company's CD3 architecture.

The Mercury Milan has sophisticated design appeal with clean, crisp lines, a distinctive interior and driving excitement. "The name ‘Milan’ connotes visions of a modern, fashionable European city, fitting the car's design theme and target customer like a fine Italian suit," said chief designer Darrell Behmer.

The sketch hints at the "U"-shaped lines that will carry through Milan's hood, front fascia with waterfall grille and bumper as well as through its rear deck-lid, lift-gate, LED tail lamps and bumper. Clean, contemporary aluminum rims fill out the wheel wells, which are pushed out to the corners of the vehicle adding to its tapered stance. Inside, Mercury’s distinct personality and commitment to craftsmanship will be apparent with upscale materials, precision fit-and-finish, and satin-aluminum appearance trim accents.

The Mercury Milan goes into production at Ford’s assembly plant and supplier park in Hermosillo, Mexico in the third quarter of 2005.

Over the next four years, Lincoln Mercury will introduce 11 new products to its showroom, six Mercurys and five Lincolns. These vehicles are among the 65 new products Ford, Lincoln and Mercury are introducing in North America during a five-year period.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

mercury jetta??
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Mercury's version of the Ford Five Hundred.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

These vehicles are among the 65 new products Ford, Lincoln and Mercury are introducing in North America during a five-year period

wow. 65 new products in 5 years?? I guess you got to replace whatever breaks as quickly as possible.....

I know I am going to probably get flamed for that one........
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          wow. 65 new products in 5 years?? I guess you got to replace whatever breaks as quickly as possible.....

I know I am going to probably get flamed for that one........
          LOL
          I think it looks pretty good. The problem is that it gives the impression of being a very large sedan, rather than midsize. Isn't the protege rated low midsize?

Comment

Working...
          X