Finally....rear disc conversion's done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally....rear disc conversion's done

I bought the disc about 2 years ago and have tried to swap it in. FOr some reason the reas disc brake lines wont work it was leaking fluid so I decided to not swap the damn thing since the lines are different. After 2 years of debating and people NOT BELEIVING me that it wont fit I found a set of brake lines at the j/y and bought it this weekend and decidec to compare the two lines that came from the same model year car. Protege LX 1st gen.

as you can see in the pic the one on the left is the one that fits and the right one didn't.Reason y is because the outlet of the fluid on the right pic was bigger compare to the one on the left. This cause the fluid to leak and didn't have a tight seal.

blurry but u can see the right hole is bigger than the left.

Anyways, the swap was easy likeI said before its just time comsuming. I did repalce my rotors/caliper and pads for the front (stock no $$$) so with that it took me the entire Sunday.

btw. I weight the drum and disc swap. The disc is heavier but only by a .80lbs heavier than the drums. If im not mistaken I think it weighed 25.70lbs.
    Last edited by 1ofdfew323; 09-07-2004, 12:38 PM.

Awesome!
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Nice job! The 323 is turning out awsome.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Wow, fits snugly under the wheel. Do you know exactly which line came out of what car? I need new rear brake lines, and I want them to fit.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Sorry charles, but i have no idea. I know I got both of the lines from a 92 LX for some reason it aint the same.

Comment

Nice job car looks sweet

Comment

I never mentioned anythiing about the performance. Well, It got better not because i did a disc swap but because I replaced my front seized calipers and bought a brand new rotors and rebuilt the calipers that i got from the j/y. before my car use to dive everytime I step on the brakes now its even. and damn look nice too...

Thx foreword ! I like ur 2 tone tho and ur killer red paint....

Comment

nahh....

Comment

yeah, I know what you mean with the diving...
                  My protege does not dive anymore.
                  It will just haul holly ass to a stop..

I didn't change the proportioning valve, although I do have one from an LX.
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                  X