Need Ideas for New Amp Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Ideas for New Amp Rack

I am thinking of redoing mine and was thinking of doing them over the wheel wheels in the trunk, but a couple of things: How would I mount them, there is no place to mount, unless I do so on a piece of board used as the floor, and secondly, I would have to relocate the tire jack in the right corner under the factory carpet to another location. I want it to look good, but also be fairly simple as I am by no means a carpenter. Any ideas and pics would be greatly appreciated. I have a home page on Sound Domain to get an idea of what I have now. I just want to do something different since I will be with this car for a long time.

Thank you all in advanced!
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

How about showing some photo's of your trunk ... currently..

Maybe we all can take jabs at giving our opinion of what you should do and you can put it all together and make one big idea.

teamwork
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

he has trunk pics on his website. click www at the bottom of misterTs box
      '02 classic red p5
      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

I guess I would say , build a Rack on the two sides of the box. So that the amps sit Vertically. I guess you could do it with wood and use filler and round the edges and smooth everything out. You could maybe even do something like put the amps in the floor type of idea and have them show out through plexi..

I don't know, just throwing stuff out there

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla

I guess I would say , build a Rack on the two sides of the box. So that the amps sit Vertically. I guess you could do it with wood and use filler and round the edges and smooth everything out. You could maybe even do something like put the amps in the floor type of idea and have them show out through plexi..

I don't know, just throwing stuff out there
          one slight problem with that idea, the new box(s) i built for him are going to be too wide to put the amps on the sides, if it's that far back, which it would sound better closer to the trunk lid, though then that frees up the space between the box and the back seat, and the area behind the wheel wells

Comment

i like the idea of doing a fiberglass enclousure on the left side of the trunk, nothing to relocate and a would look awesome
            '02 classic red p5
            currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              one slight problem with that idea, the new box(s) i built for him are going to be too wide to put the amps on the sides, if it's that far back, which it would sound better closer to the trunk lid, though then that frees up the space between the box and the back seat, and the area behind the wheel wells
              Maybe a nice thought then ...
              he could push the box forward like how you want...
              then he could make some type of a custom mounting behind the box. maybe a peace of plywood behind the box or he could use fiberglass god the work to form the amps into a V with both amps facing the front of the car and horizontal...
              use neons and crap to light it up and mirrors or something on the bottom to show off the capacitators that are mounted on the upper deck ...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                Maybe a nice thought then ...
                he could push the box forward like how you want...
                then he could make some type of a custom mounting behind the box. maybe a peace of plywood behind the box or he could use fiberglass god the work to form the amps into a V with both amps facing the front of the car and horizontal...
                use neons and crap to light it up and mirrors or something on the bottom to show off the capacitators that are mounted on the upper deck ...

now that would be sweet

Comment

Thanks for info that I got so far. I have put the terminal cups in the new box and will attach them and see what kind of room I have then. The only problem, is layout. I have two SoundStream and am in the process of getting a JBL amp. I may take one SoundStream amp out of the equation or use both SS amps to run the midbass and the other on the highs, while the JBL pushes the subs. It all depends. I know if I have the two SS amps running, a lot of current is drawn since they are class A, so I may just run one. Also, not to confuse any one, but I may be able to get away with two since they are pushing midbass and highs and not the lows (which the much more efficient JBL class D amp will be pushing).

On top of that I am looking at maybe installing my old in dash 1/2 inch DIN Kenwood xover so that I have more control in the driver's seat versus using the Coustic. I was recommended the Coustic to replace the indash unit because I was told it is a better unit by the installer who worked at the same shop I worked at. So many decisions!
                  2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                  KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                  Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                  Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                  X