Damn Protege!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Protege!!!!!!!!!

Well today i was driving to get some pizza cuz i was hungry and im driving along and all the sudden i see my Charge light come on then my engine overheats like all within 1 minute i was like wtf so i just went a couple stores down and then parked well right when i park i get out and coolent is everywhere and smoke is coming from my hood so i pop the hood and the alternator belt i belive it is (the one that charges the battery and spins the fans) is hanging there and i replaced it like not even 2 weeks ago so i have no coolent my belt is off and i have no phone and im like 10 miles from my house oh no cell phone mind you and no one ****ing stopped to help! ****ers!!! oh well any way i got some water and then made it like 2 miles then had to pull over again walk alittle to get more water!! so i left my house around 5 didint get home untill almost 8:00! im pissed!

There shouldn't be any coolant if you tore a belt. Check the radiator and radiator hoses for damage.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

well when i popped the hood the coolent was boiling because it was so hot and then all the sudden i just see all of it underneith my car and i checked the coolent and theres nothing there it all drained out

Comment

The alternator belt does not spin the fans. The fans are electric, and facing the wrong way for that to work. However, it does drive the water pump.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

been there done that on my 323 ....

You should try having a belt snap in the dead of winter, in a storm.

huh.. that will piss you off.
          lol

don't worry, life goes on.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeh that would piss me off alot more lol, the onyl thing i worry about is if there is more damage cuz everytime i would drive it just a little bit with water in there it would jsut drain out when i stopped because it was overheating again. im gonna put the belt back on this sat and check the engine real good and try to fix what i can if there is more damage. hopefully i ddiint crakc a head because it got so hot but i doubt it...

anyways it has been leaking oil alot so i also need to try and fix that.

Comment

Working...
            X