X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

group buy for ED

****EDIT****
    for all information on this group buy, please go here
    this thread is now locked. post all further questions and comments in the above thread

well, i got a response about doing a group buy with elemental designs. they said they will give a quantity discount if 5 of the same items are purchased. the downside is that they will only ship to the main purchaser, and not directly to everyone depending on shipping charges and what not, it might not be a better deal. i'm waiting on a response about how much of a quantity discount it will be
    Last edited by blue LEDz; 09-29-2003, 04:02 PM.

well ben still owes me something like $50 from when i ordered the k's. i don't bother too much cause they are damn good subs and i feel i got an awesome deal.
    a group buy would be nice, but shipping to hawaii is always the downside for me...
    -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
    >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
    **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

if shipping is that bad, i'll fly them out with me for a vacation

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
        if shipping is that bad, i'll fly them out with me for a vacation
        And I will come with you, to help you carry those boxes...
        We are staying at onehawaiians house right
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
          And I will come with you, to help you carry those boxes...
          We are staying at onehawaiians house right
          damn straight if he thinks we're going so far out of our way and flying to hawii, he better be a good host:p:

Comment

check your pm's blue...
            I am looking at the ED site now ..
            If these things play as loud as you guys say they do .. I want one
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i've got a buddy in hawaii on a sub, maybe he can get us onboard for a little bit
              '02 classic red p5
              currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

i'm gona be down for 2 a 10's. this group buy will probably be for k subs since most people get them anyways. go ed
                '02 classic red p5
                currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
                  i'm gona be down for 2 a 10's. this group buy will probably be for k subs since most people get them anyways. go ed
                  yep i figured if the deal is good enough, it would have to be k series 10's or 12's.

Comment

sweet...
                    group buy. personal shipping.
                    i'll throw in the housing and a honey or two.
                    -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
                    >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                    **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

shipping is going to be the killer bro, try and calculate shipping for one tsunami db1100 and then for e10k.14's... shipped seperately there's a big difference in shiipping, shipped together, it's cheaper. i mean, unless they're giving you a 35 to 45% discount, i couldn't see a group buy making any sense with the cost of shipping.
                      peace

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
                        shipping is going to be the killer bro, try and calculate shipping for one tsunami db1100 and then for e10k.14's... shipped seperately there's a big difference in shiipping, shipped together, it's cheaper. i mean, unless they're giving you a 35 to 45% discount, i couldn't see a group buy making any sense with the cost of shipping.
                        peace
                        that is exactly what i'm worried about with it and i still haven't gotten an e-mail back with it, so i'm not going to worry about it.

Comment

i got an e-mail back, just after i made my last post:p: i got the prices for the K-series 10's and 12's:

the quantity must be 5 of the exact same one shipped to one address:

10's = $110 which saves you $15
                          12's = $115 which saves you $20

i can only assume they go by about a 10% discount. basically this could work, if we get enough people in a region that want the same sub. ie, i could work out something with everyone from FL, and we can work out meeting somewhere so it doesn't have to be shipped, and if it does, then it won't cost too much. or say you and your friend each want a set, get the extra one, which will only be $50 more than what you were planning on spending for 4 tens, and keep it as a spare, or sell it to someone else now for four 12's, it'd only be $35 more than the regular price of 4 12's, and you'll get 5 it won't be very economical to ship them around the country, but within a state away, it won't be too bad i calculated using the US postal service, and shipping on a package that is 40 lbs (probably way over the actual weight), and 13"x13"x11" in dimensions, shipped parcel post is $14.53 from deland, FL to charleston, SC. that is 350 miles away priority mail is about $25. so for anyone in a specific region that is interested, you'll need someone to organize it and work out the details

Comment

The K series subs have and actual shipping weight of about 18lbs. for the 12s. Maybe a little less for the 10s.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider69
                              The K series subs have and actual shipping weight of about 18lbs. for the 12s. Maybe a little less for the 10s.
                              cool, even better:p: i just wanted to get the highest figure so the last figures will be for the A-series, if you want the best ED has to offer:p: for the K's, it'll be a lot cheaper.
                              from me in FL to walight01 in TX will run about $14.50 for one 12. for the 10, i figured 16 lbs shipping weight, and smaller dimensions, so it is only about $13.75. from me in FL to charleston, SC, it'll run about $9 for the 12, and about $8.75 for the 10

*****EDIT*****
                              this thread is now locked, since it is now about sales, not just the idea. please go to this thread
                              Last edited by blue LEDz; 09-29-2003, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X