Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kelvin david - At your mammas house! SCammeR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kelvin david - At your mammas house! SCammeR!

Advisory, this message is to notify about a scammer on the Protege clubs, his mesage is like this:::

Don't worry about the shipping i have a shipping company here in UK that will come for the pick up in your location.

But payment would be made through cashier check or Money Order by one of my clients in US who is indebted the sum of $1800 to me as regard a business transaction as at last August 2004 , i came to US. He's suppose to send me a payment down here in London. But my bank just told me it will take some days foreign check to clear the bank here in London

But i will instruct him to send you the Check of the total amount oweing me to you and makes it a bit faster, so as to fasten this transaction, you will only need to cash this Payment and get the cost of your item deducted while you will have to wire back the balance to my shipping company in UK via western union money transfer and the shipper will come immediately after the payment for the pick up in your location .

this will be the only easiest and safest way i could get the payment remmited to you and from all inference it's about the fastest way i could seal up this deal.

So , i want you to send me your full Name and mailing address as to where the Check would be sent to, so that i will be able to forward it to the client in US .So that he can issue the check in your name and send it to you as soon as possible, in the interest of this transaction I will want you to forward your telephone number incase I want to reach you on phone.
    with my condition of payment, please send me an acknowledgement of this mail and give me assurance for trusting you with my money and the transaction.

Looking forward to hearing from you! It's my pleasure doing business with you
    Kelvin

THIS IS WHAT I RESPONDED:::>>
    I will deliver the head personally at your mammas house.

What he would do is send a certified check linked to a ghost account, once you get it you will run straight to the bank, cash it, you take your amount, send his "remaining" balance but once the check is cleared it bounces and you end up with a huge debt and the guy with money in his pocket.

What's his user name?

Comment

that **** gave me a headache reading.... such piss poor grammar.... I haven't seen anyone from England write this bad.... the fact its bad writing shows he's NOT from England.... NOBODY uses "check" but americans! They use "cheque"

YOU need to tell us where you read that and replied to that... otherwise you are full of **** because I can't find **** on the other protege boards
      TheMAN
      '01 BJFP MT
      '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
      No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
      It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
      -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
      -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
      -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
      No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

I can't resist posting this up again.

And please do let us know who this is and where this took place... none of us wants to buy from him either.

Comment

Damn I read that... **** I was rolling that was so damn funny.
          Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Please Read, Advisory!

kelvin david >> this is the "alleged" name of the con artist

kelvin_david111@yahoo.com >> this is his email.

I do not know how he got my email, but this is No BS

Be careful to receive a false cashiers check and at the same time send money against your own account which will result in a huge debt to you.

Do a searh in any search engine by the words: Nigeria letter or Nigerian Scam

or check out this link: http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

From what I have commented and read in the local newspapers is that this started as a Nigerian originated scam and from then other copy cats have resulted.

You still bevieve and full of it check out the below link straight from the Secret Service website:

Comment

We've had a couple of people on here with first hand experience with this type of scam, myself and Protetype included.

Comment

Do you read at all?

I said I do not know how he got my email, so if I SAY I do not know it means "I DO NOT KNOW":::

but he wanted to buy something I posted in Clubprotege. Now do you understand that I do not know who it is?, I DO NOT KNOW WHO IT IS... I DO NOT KNOW WHO IT IS...

Somehow he saw the item I am selling and the "kelvin" whoever he is send me an email saying he was interested.

He did not contact me thru clubprotege, it was thru the email system, but it was an item posted here in the forums. So, you go it now?

You think I am makin it up, whatever, I really dont care if you care. Its your money, not mine. I am no computer guru that can find out, or track down somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by Protege Menace
                  k, well most people read your post as if you were saying one of our MEMBERS scammed you. "scammer on the Protege clubs"

Youre wording was misleading
                  This is not the first I hear of this scam. The same email I use here I use for a lot of other things. A person emailed me telling me they were interested in a piece of musical equipment that I had for sale. They offered to do things in a similar way as your guy there. All you have to do is get anyone's email here and put it into a search engine and everywhere you have ever left your email will pop up. I then put some of the wording into a google search and found some guy telling everyone about this type of scam and to beware. That forum had nothing to do with Proteges. I think they basically scam anywhere they can. It can be a car forum, a musical instrument forum or any classifieds website. Forget about complicated payment methods. It's either the easy legit stuff or forget it. The guy supposedly sends you a check that you have no other choice but to deposit into your account because it's not a local check. After that is where the problems start of no funds being in the person's account. He/She might even pay you more and then ask you to send back the difference. Problem is that you never got paid with the fundless check so you send free money! Take care people.

Comment

you're wondering why he got your email? I'll tell you why

you were a dumbass for posting your hotmail email here on the board, simple as that

Originally posted by WTF
                    I said I do not know how he got my email, so if I SAY I do not know it means "I DO NOT KNOW":::

but he wanted to buy something I posted in Clubprotege. Now do you understand that I do not know who it is?, I DO NOT KNOW WHO IT IS... I DO NOT KNOW WHO IT IS...

Somehow he saw the item I am selling and the "kelvin" whoever he is send me an email saying he was interested.

He did not contact me thru clubprotege, it was thru the email system, but it was an item posted here in the forums. So, you go it now?

You think I am makin it up, whatever, I really dont care if you care. Its your money, not mine. I am no computer guru that can find out, or track down somebody.
                    TheMAN
                    '01 BJFP MT
                    '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
                    No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
                    It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
                    -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
                    -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
                    -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
                    No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

Yeah, these guys are horrible, they will send emails to anybody. They mostly just change a form. They claim to be car importers, yet they seem to want to import anything, site unseen, paying lots of money. It's ridiculous because you will see **** like this:

Hello CHARLES,
                      I am an exotic car importer in Taiwan. I am interested in your 1990 TOYOTA COROLLA. I will be willing to pay full value plus extra in money order...

etc etc.

Even if the car the person is listing is some regular car like a Corolla or something that the whole world has :p:

The money order ends up being a fake, but it usally is a week or two before the bank realizes, and by that time your money has already been taken.
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                      X