civic hatch wanted some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

civic hatch wanted some

So I'm coming up to a left turn with a green arrow, I'm taking it and I catch a little white civic hatch with gauges in the corner of my eye waiting to take a right adjacent to my turn onto the same road. I complete the turn but theres a van behind me, the civic takes a right onto the road which I am on. The road is a 35mph, I'm in the front of the pack doing 40mph all the way till it comes to a light. From here theres only two ways, left or right I pull in the left lane, the van behind me right and the civic on the left. The light turns green, I go and the street were turning on is 2 lanes both way 55mph. I go out to the far right lane, shift into second as I do normal driving not expecting anything to happen as soon as I hear the civic get on it. I see him pulling up and as soon as I see his headlights on my left I romp the gas, I'm still in 2nd. I'm pulling as tires are spinning like a mofo, I hit 7k rpms hes about 2 cars away at this point, shift 3rd and now hes about 5 car lengths back at about ~70mph. I slow back down, tell him to pull over, he gets behind me and we pull into a grocery store parking lot. I ask what he had and said a gsr motor. All of a sudden his friend pulls up in a black 240sx and said "damn that was some funny stuff". They wanna take a peak under the hood I show and their in shock. Like what in the hell is this. They thought it was an Isuzu at first lmao! I'm like nope its my little mazda. We talk for about 10 minutes just bull****ting. So I'm very curious what these hatches typically run with gsr swaps. I mean the race only lasted like 5 seconds and I was a good 5 car lengths ahead of him just like that. Last time I went to the track I just put on the t3/t4, it was very untuned and I ran a 14.4 at 106mph. Yes I did have traction issues up the butt. The mazda is running like a champ now, I need to go to the track and see what I run but I just dont have any slicks right now and the 205's arent cutting it =) If anyone has seen a hatch with this swap run tell me what they ran I'm very curious. I really cant compare my time with it but I can guestimate.
    Last edited by limpgtx; 09-11-2004, 01:08 AM.
    James G.
    sobe83@yahoo.com
    AIM: DVS 323BPT
    MySpace
    Cardomain
    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

There's a dude here with a 92 SI with a GSR swapped in, he ran like a 15.3 or something close to that. Then theres another guy with a GSR swap that I raced and I beat, and my best is 15.9. So I suppose with a good driver, and tires etc 15s are probably attainable with the gsr swap.
    Eat ****.

Comment

my buddy was running 14.7 w/a gsr swap in a hatch, i/e/h
      00 dakota 4x4
      90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Buy me some slicks Pat, I need to know what I run.
        James G.
        sobe83@yahoo.com
        MySpace
        Cardomain
        <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

i know of somebody in boise with a b20/vtec motor running 13.07 all motor(no NOS) in a 92-95 hatchback. the engine is pretty sweet. headers, exhaust, individual throttle bodies, things like that. of course that is a little bit more then a gsr.
          Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

my bros 92-95 civic si hatch w/ gsr motor on falken azenis ran 14.8, not much work done to the car as far as bolt on's and no internal work.
            Almost there

jdm tails... check
            jdm bumper... check
            ms lip... check
            ms grill... check
            ms sideskirts... check
            ms rear skirts... check
            ms spoiler... check
            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

I'm gonna race my friends dads 500hp/650tq Lightning when I get back home. He ran an 11.8 in it, see how I compare =)
              James G.
              sobe83@yahoo.com
              MySpace
              Cardomain
              <BR>

Comment

My buddies has a 95 EX with a Civic Type R motor in it, b16 or whatever. It quick, but i know I will smoke him with the bp-05 turbo.
                BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

My '91 CRX SI ran a 15.3 @ 88mph with it's stock 1.6 SOHC
                  With the LS swap I should be well in the 14's (1.8 DOHC vs 1.6 SOHC)
                  To be honest though... most Honda drivers can't drive for $hit.
                  '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                  '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                  '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                  '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                  '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                  '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

106 is a pretty damn high trap for 14.4, but like you said... traction issues.

With that trap speed I wouldn't be suprised to see mid/high 13s. Traction is the issue, though. Is the wheelhop bad?
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

Yah wheel hop was kinda of an issue on my 17's. I had to baby it so much so it didnt happen.
                      James G.
                      sobe83@yahoo.com
                      MySpace
                      Cardomain
                      <BR>

Comment

Originally posted by limpgtx
                        Yah wheel hop was kinda of an issue on my 17's. I had to baby it so much so it didnt happen.
                        Some engine mounts may help things a bit, you could also fenagle some sort of engine torque brace to help things out (does basicaly the same as the engine mounts, prevents the engine shifting so much on throttle). It will help your throttle responce, too. Possibly downfalls are that it puts more strain on the drivetrain, most notibly the clutch. If you have an upgraded clutch (assuming you do), shouldn't be an issue.
                        Dan
                        dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                          Some engine mounts may help things a bit, you could also fenagle some sort of engine torque brace to help things out (does basicaly the same as the engine mounts, prevents the engine shifting so much on throttle). It will help your throttle responce, too. Possibly downfalls are that it puts more strain on the drivetrain, most notibly the clutch. If you have an upgraded clutch (assuming you do), shouldn't be an issue.

MS Motor mounts are a difinite must!!!

I had so much wheel hop when i had the F tranny, I swapped over to the G and went with MS motor mounts as well and absolutely no hop at all.
                          Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                          FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                          Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Project323
                            MS Motor mounts are a difinite must!!!

I had so much wheel hop when i had the F tranny, I swapped over to the G and went with MS motor mounts as well and absolutely no hop at all.
                            Well there you go, looks like I wasn't just pulling **** outta my ass!
                            Dan
                            dreesemonkey

Comment

YAH, but will that cure the wheel hop on my low profiles?
                              James G.
                              sobe83@yahoo.com
                              MySpace
                              Cardomain
                              <BR>

Comment

Working...
                              X