prelude 2.0 si left in smoke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prelude 2.0 si left in smoke...

So me and my girlfriend were on our way home, the freeway onramp I like to take has about a 1\4 mile straight with an "S" curve before meeting up with a two laner, so as a habbit I like to give er right through till I get on the freeway than I back off and cruise as normal...so after flyin through the "S" I'm coasting along shedding off some excessive speed when I notice a prelude accellerate to join me,(it was a super clean black example with mags) at first I let him by. than he slowed and a minute later I caught up to him and pulled out into the left lane, all the while keeping a constant speed, so now we're side by side doin about 95kph and we hear him downshift, he floors it and starts to pull ahead (about 2 car lengths) than I drop into 3rd and give chase! I wind it out to 7200rpm and by that time I'm a car length ahead!! I shift into 4th, stay on it till I'm about 4 or 5 lengths ahead than hit my 4 ways and let off...BIG smile on my face! I thought the preludes were quicker than that! and to top it off I have a badly slipping clutch and 60lb compression on a cylinder (150 on the others) we played around doin leap-frog (with me comming out ahead each time except when we hit a hill and my clutch prevented me from passing) till he pulled off the freeway in shame having been spanked by the Protege.
    '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
    Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Too bad it wasn't my buddie's 90' Si 2.0 you raced.

It's non-turbo but has many upgrades which allows him to outrun Spec V's,
    V-tecs, turboed celicas, and most of the mustang gt's around here. NO LIE.

It's insane.... Lets put it this way, the stock 2.0 Si's came with
    125 hp and 125 lbs. of torque... That's not enough to beat any of those cars above..... That's why I wonder how much hp it's actually putting out.
    He wont get it dynoed because he doesn't want to spend $80 to get it done..

If anyone that is going to NOPI this weekend wants to meet up just pm me
    tonight and we'll set something up. We're taking his car.
    Mike A.

Comment

Good Kill I Guess.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment