Fu**in Brakes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fu**in Brakes!!!

First of all... i haven`t driven my 1990 323 (long story) so i drive 2001 323. That explains the part of this story.

I almost wrecked the car last night, well, i was going a "little bit faster" (idiot), top of the third gear and i understand that i missed the turn (90 degree turn, small road) and i start braking a bit harder, nothing the car is braking but poor so i press the pedal a bit harder, and **** at 120kmh my wheels block on a narrow road between two concrete walls, and my tires are also crappy, the car starts to drift into the right wall, i release the brake and stabilaze the car, but im still at 80kmh and i really have to stop because there is a main road in front of me with a huge stop sign (the road i wanted to turn in is 50 meters away). Brake again, second gear... i hardly stopped.
    It scared the **** out of me...
    I know, i have to change the tires soon because they are cheap ****, but, WHAT TO DO WITH THE BRAKES??? They are going to kill me if i dont kill them first.

My car is a 323 sedan (protege) EDM with B6-E and i guess the brakes are the same as on Protege DX
    Tnx
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Well, you do need to maintain your brakes, maybe you should take it to the shop.

Things that need to be done on a regular interval.
    • Change the brake pads
    • Resurface the rotors /drums
    • Change the brake lines (look for leaks)
    • Bleed the brakes
    • Get new tires
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yes, i know that, tnx anyway. The car hasn`t been driven for some time so that is also one of the problems... however, stock brakes are too weak, thats my opinion... and they overheat easily and you cant control them normally, or you are not braking, or wheels block and thats baaaad
      Il look for the brakes from astina 1.8 DOHC
      One day you are born,
      The next big milestone
      you discover go zoom-zoom
      you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

If your tires are locking up, then changing the brakes to larger brakes is not a solution. If that is happening during normal braking, either your tires are really really bad, or not all four brakes are working. Either way, it's very dangerous.

Before I had my Protege LX, I had a DX, and the brakes were very good. Once I had a decent pair of tires (should say Temperature - A on the side of the tire), and the brakes were bled, I had no problem racing the car at Buttonwillow with 30 minute lap sessions.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

talking about break problems. It was time to change my breaks this weeks (grinding yahoo) well got my pads and rotors, pull the wheels off and all i can see was rust on the outside of my rotors. Funny since they grinding. Well my sliders were rusted shut in my calipers. So the whole time i've been driving on half my breaks. So long story short I now have new rotors, pads,and calipers. But i tell you it was all worth it.

Comment

Working...
          X