How do I adjust these??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I adjust these??

I need to tighten my e-brake and tighten my acceleraator cable, I think thats the name, its the cabble that conneted to your throttle body and it opens and closes the throttle plate. THanks!!
    Eat ****.

The throttle cable shouldnt need adjusting.

The parking brake cable can be adjusted by removing the center console plastic covering the parking brake lever (two philips screws on the sides towards the back of the console and two on the sides just behind the shifter boot). Once you remove the plastic, you will see a 10mm bolt that connects to the cable. Tighten or loosen the nut until you reach the desired tension.

"Mazderati"
    91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
    Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
    Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
    AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

the second way to adjust the e-brake is under the car by the rear driverside caliper (at least on my car)... kinda loosens and tightens like a brake cable on a bicycle... maybe not the easier of the two methods, but it can be done at the rear wheel as well.. just involves more work.
      peace

Comment

i dunno but if the throttel is regulated by a cable the cable with stretch over time...

althogh the adjuster is located near where the cable meets the throttle body if you look around you should find the adjuster.. just loosten the bolt and tighten or losen as needed the retighten the bolt.. its easy just am drunk so cant give good explination...
        -torp.
        94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
        81 Celica Gt..

Comment

yea my accelerator cable isnt very tight at all, it is kinda sagging. I tried to tighten where the two bolts are in a bracket type thing, but the bolts wont budge. Maybe ill just cut the wire hahah...jk!!
          Eat ****.

Comment

nah you just need a wrench hold one still while losing the one on what would be the passanger side.. not sure if i am rememebring right been a while since i had to do it.
            -torp.
            94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
            81 Celica Gt..

Comment

Working...
            X