Need help with wiring tail light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with wiring tail light.

Hey guys I purchased a set of tails a while back but I have a problem with the wiring.

Here's the thing:

My original tails had 4 sockets for 4 bubls; indicator, reverse, stop and park light.

The new set of tails has 5 sockets for 5 bulbs; indicator, reverse, stop and 2 park light.

Can anyone help me wire this thing?
    This is what the tail light looks like.

talk to proto2k, i believe he had those on his old Protege. I am actually wondering the same thing - i have a 2003 and want those taillights. Keep me posted if you figure anything out

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
    www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

Ok, I'll have to talk to him then.

There was someone who wanted to know about these tails, I just can't remember if they were on this board or on protegeclub.com

Comment

My old Protege had 5 bulbs for the five sockets...if I remember correctly. All I know is those were a direct swap with my stock taillights.

Comment

oh damn! I guess it's where you buy your pro then!

In Trinidad the factory tailight only has 1 stop light that's also used for the park light.
          Only the top lights up when the park light is on and well ofcourse it lights up brighter when you hit the brake.

In Japan and America, the top and bottom lights up when the park light is on however there's still a slight difference with the American tail light and the Japan tail light.

The American tail light has 5 sockets for 5 bulbs like you said, but the Japanese one has 4 sockets for 4 bulbs.

And the lame ass Trinidadian 1 has 3 sockets for 3 bulbs.
          Talk about makin' the same car cheaper and sellin' it for alot more than what it's worth!

Anyway I guess I would need the wirin' for this thing.
          Do you know what they call the wiring thing for this? I'd check around here to see if I could get it here, otherwise I might have to import it from the states.

Comment

What if you bought an additional bulb and socket from the dealership and then just splice into the wiring on the one you have?

Comment

I was thinkin' about that but i don't know much about these things and i'm afraid if i mess something up.

Comment

yeah i double checked my wiring harness for mine and I have 5 bulbs and 5 sockets. solves my problem right there i guess

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
                www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

Kinda sucks to live in a third world cuntree!

Comment

I would just get the bulb and sockets, plug them into the light and leave it at that. Not worry about them actually working. Just as long as the 4 that need to work do.

Comment

Hey guys, i got an extra socket and some wire and hooked it up.
                      now i have all the 3 red lights lightin' up when i have my lights on!

and it only cost me about $1.50

looks a lot better now as opposed to how is was!

Comment

Working...
                      X