APEXI S-AFC cure for WOT maybe!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APEXI S-AFC cure for WOT maybe!?!

o.k. how does the apexi s-afc read full throttle from the tps or the air meter, cause i read on the u.k. forums about guy's over ther putting a srew in there air meter to prevent it from opening fully to cure there fuel cut problems on there gtx's and thought that maybe it would work with the apexi so under full throttle the apexi would still control mix,ect. , instead of the stock gtx ecu taking over and overiding the apexi unit.
    just a thought.
    thanks ryan
    Last edited by ryan1; 09-15-2004, 06:05 PM.
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

dunno but I will be running the SAFC II with my GTX once I get it so I will let you know then.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Not a chance man, I would know =) AFPR is your cure, not the best buy oh well.
      James G.
      sobe83@yahoo.com
      AIM: DVS 323BPT
      MySpace
      Cardomain
      <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

I was planning one of those too.

Comment

Is that a fuel pressure regulator?
          Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Yes.
            James G.
            sobe83@yahoo.com
            MySpace
            Cardomain
            <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

would a rrfpr be better? or should I just go with a regular afpr since I have the safc II?

Comment

You n/a or turbo?
                James G.
                sobe83@yahoo.com
                MySpace
                Cardomain
                <BR>

Comment

GTX group buy....

I will be putting in the SAFC with the GTX along with some "other goodies"

Comment

why not run a 4wire tps and don't let the ecu know that u are in wot, cut the wire or something and only run them to the safc
                    then u can tune the car for wot and crusie and the ecu won't go into the preset fuel maps

i havn't tried it(i'm running a megasquirt&spark) but it sounds like it would work
                    2006 VR Mazdaspeed6
                    2004 VR MazdaSpeed Mx5

Comment

The fuel cut still operates regardless of TPS on a GTX. You can raise the level of it though with an SAFC, fs you increase fuel pressure (not a great idea imo) or fit *slightly* larger injectors, then correct the fuelling with the SAFC. Whatever you do, don't put a screw or anything else in the AFM...

If you have a VJ20 turbo, the quickest way to kill it is to bypass or raise the fuel cut, the turbo is close to it's limit on a well set up GTX before the fuel cut is reached, running beyond that will only shorten it's life...
                      www.323gtx.co.uk
                      www.323gtr.net

Comment

Working...
                      X