jerky ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jerky ride?

is it normal for a 5spd manual trans to jerk back and forth when you take your foot off of the gas before slowing down?? and it jerks back and forth when you re-apply your foot to the gas pedal....

this is my first manual transmission car i have owned, but ive driven several of my friends cars (a mazda 3 recently, honda prelude, and an integra) and they didnt do this... im wandering if somethings wrong with something??

in the morning the ride is especially jerky on the way to school.. but in the afternoon it is not as jerky, and if i push the clutch in like mayb 1" or so, so that its still in gear but riding the clutch it wont jerk as hard...

just curious......thanks for any help! lol

When you are in a low gear yes it will buck back and forth unless you reintroduce the clutch.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

With time you shall gain greater mastery over the pedals, and maybe if you shift before 6500 RPM's (your avatar) you will be able to experience the less jerky ride of, say, third gear at 30 mph. j/k
      Silver 2001 Protege ES
      5-speed manual
      4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
      Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

hahaha thanks for the response!! that avatar is actual in my brothers old twinturbo lexus ls400... 335hp 350 ft/lbs torque... yeah i heart that car

Comment

Working...
        X