Black Screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Screws

So I got into an accident and banged up my front fender pretty good. I figured, i could just replace these parts cheaper than a body shop guy would charge me, so i ordered up a replacement fender, a replacement corner light, and a replacement splash sheild for under the fender in the wheel well. Well i managed to get the new fender and corner light on, using the bolts that were there holding the old ones on, but the splash sheild was held on by thes screw on plastic bolt things, that, when i got them out, seemed to be only good for one use, and wouldnt do anything for me to get them back in again. I was wondering where i could get some of these so i can slap on my splash sheild and be done with this nonsense.

also, the corner light i ordered was just the lens, which is all i expected it to be, but it doesnt help the fact that my light itself was smashed, leaving just hanging wires, and no place to plug in a bulb. Where would i get a piece like that, just the socket that i could juist attach to the wires that are stil there?

any help would be greatly apreciated, i've obviously never done this kind of stuff before, and i'm sort of winging it.
    R.I.P.
    Pro-Pro
    1998 - 2005
    "Live fast, die young, sell you parts on e-bay"

I got my black screws for the splashguard from Loews and Home Depot. You might have to try a couple to see the best fit.

And for the wiring of the corner light, just go to a junkyard.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Screws, do you mean the ones that holdt he fender lining to the fender and ****? If so, I replaced oen of mine over the summer. Well if thats what your talkin bout let me know. If you are talkin bout the screws though that connect to the fender wall, they are basically a dollar a piece. Go to a local mazda dealer like i did. I only needed like 8 so I paid about 8 dollars. I got the aftermarket erebuni bumper so all the screws didn't go in. Out of 12 or so screws required, i got in like 10 or 11. So I basically put all but one or two. It'll go in just be patient and hopefully you took the wheel off. Just push the screws in until you hear it click.
      Last edited by Torped0; 09-21-2004, 06:45 PM.
      Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

I got mine at Loews for like $1 some change for 2 screws and they fit very nicely.
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Working...
        X