Tell me your thoughts of this possible system layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me your thoughts of this possible system layout

First off, Don't bash the amps as I know all the stories of RF, but I like the way they look and they put out decent power and specs for what I am looking for. I also still haven't decide what kind of components to go with yet...any good suggestions that aren't too expensive?

i like it, rf amps are solid, just usually overpriced from autherized retailers. but i like your setup, ALOT of front stage
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Looks good, but your front spkrs. are muy importante! I know you are looking at getting a new set of possibly Infinity Kappa series. Audio Control EQXs are nice. I had the EQL, but never installed it. I guess it was because I had so much **** laying around and when someone offered to buy it, I jumped on selling it. :p: How about whether or not I should replace my Coustic XM1e with a Kenwood KEC101 in dash xover? I have both, but I like the fact that I can control the slopes from the front. It should fit in the Scosche dash kit's pocket opening. Hmmm!
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

Who is looking at getting Infinitys? Not me...I have been considering a/d/s/, Dynaudio, Eclipse, Diamond and Focals to name a few. I am not sure that this is the setup I am going with but it is a thought I had.

Comment

RF amps are very good amps, i just think they are a bit over priced i was looking into a 1500bd or something like that. they came highly recomended from an owner of a shop, and the only shop where i trust the people working there as far as front stage, all the brands you listed are top notch, and it'll be a matter of which you can get a better deal on i checked best buy.com to see if they had the RF amps, in which case i would recomend that you make friends with someone that works there, or just straight up ask someone that works there to buy it for you, and give them like $20 i didn't see them on their website, but they might have them in the stores i used to work there, and they get a sweet hook up. 5% over cost, and they can get you the 3 year service plan for like $5 anyways, i did find something pretty interesting:
          Shop Power Acoustik 3500W Class D Mono Digital Amplifier with Bass Boost and Variable Low-Pass Filter at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Price Match Guarantee.

that's the amp i'm using, and they got the specs all ****ed up 10% THD???!!!! not quite. more like 1% at 1 ohm. recomendation of a high output alternator, yeah, since it'll suck down 150 amps at 1 ohm, and about 200 at 1/2 ohm. and damn the power ratings are ****ed up. 3000 is the max wattage, not 3500. and that is at 1/2 ohm, for burping purposes. i know that it's been bench tested at just below 3000 watts at 1/2 ohm, and 2285 at 1 ohm. at 4 ohms it puts out 1100 watts, 2 ohms is 1800 watts. it says it's not fan cooled, but it does in fact have a fan on the circuit board, i know, i took it apart i swear these ****ers were high when they wrote the specs on BB's website. proof once again that you shouldn't believe everything you read and BTW, i got the amp for under $350

Comment

ikesound has the RF 1500 for 550 bucks. not bad, but you can get a tsunami 1800 for 350 bucks
            '02 classic red p5
            currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

looks pretty cool.
              since i noticed u were considering dynaudio, i was thinking u could skip one of ur setups (5.25 comps + 8" woofers) cause dynaudio has 8" 2way and 3way components.
              kinda like hitting 2 birds one stone.
              other than that, looks like ur onto a solid sq system...
              -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
              >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
              **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

I had thought about that option too. But I think (price wise) it will be easier to do 2 actual 5.25 sets and then have a single 8" sub running of the other channel of the amp. The EQX can handle all of my xover needs. I would be running the 5.25s (on each side) in parallel to get 2 ohms and then run the DVC 8's at 2 ohms also. Besides, the RE 8s are only like $80 for the pair!

Comment

im going to be having a friend build me an entire system within the next month or so, and id like your suggestions on the following

good solid 6x9's
                  6 1/2's that'll keep up with the 6X9's
                  and a good head unit, im thinking pioneer primere.
                  and of course i need an amp for the components, i like the one mentioned above

i havnt decided on wether or not i want a subwoofer.
                  Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Rider ,Great layout . I have a suggestion for you ,rather than 2 sets of componets ,run one set and then use 2 8" subs . I would put the 8" in the doors and use a 4" componet set in the kick panels . You said you were going to use 8" dvc ,run these at 2 ohms . This woill give you lots of bass up front ,the componets will give you a solid front stage .
                    For crossover settings ,I would start here Subs 50 hz and down ,8" mid bass 50 -150 hz ,the components 300hz and up . I have found that the Proteges reinforce the mid bass around 180 hz this is why the gap in the crossovers .

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
                    Motegi MR12 rims in gold
                    Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
                    MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
                    Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
                    P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

R U using your 8s for bass or midbass? Sounds like it will sound nice. I would love to get 8s in the car for more midbass that 6 1/2s can't handle at higher volumes. It's just a matter of not having enough room
                      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                      Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
                        Rider ,Great layout . I have a suggestion for you ,rather than 2 sets of componets ,run one set and then use 2 8" subs . I would put the 8" in the doors and use a 4" componet set in the kick panels . You said you were going to use 8" dvc ,run these at 2 ohms . This woill give you lots of bass up front ,the componets will give you a solid front stage .
                        Well, I was planning on running the 8's up front and also the two sets of components. Going for plenty of Front Stage.

Comment

Working...
                        X