dashboar meters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dashboar meters

Could somebody scan 2nd gen dashboard meters with km/h for me please?? i have -95 1.5.

Originally posted by jrask
    Could somebody scan 2nd gen dashboard meters with km/h for me please?? i have -95 1.5.
    Kinda slow in the morning but what do you mean by scan dashboard meter.

Do you want someone to remove their instrument cluster then remove the mph/kph unit, then remove the face of the kph and scan it?

Are you trying to make some custom guages?
    Last edited by loganss; 09-17-2004, 02:42 PM.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
      Kinda slow in the morning but what do you mean by scan dashboard meter.

Do you want someone to remove their instrument cluster then remove the mph/kph unit, then remove the face of the kph and scan it?

Are you trying to make some custom guages?

Yes, i would also need tac and gas/temp meter faces. I was thinking if somebody who installed sometype of glow gauges saved the originals and has them lying around, so it would be easy just to scan them.

Comment

If you don't mind waiting I'll have them in a month or so.
        ED

Comment

If you don't mind waiting I'll have them in a month or so.
          If nobody else can't scan them by then i'll wait... I need to take the cluster apart anyway since one of the lights burned, so tought i'd put some blue leds and custom gauge faces at the same time. I'm trying to make something like this.

(those pictures are from finnish mazda forum and the faces are from mazda 626)

Comment

Woah Niceeee... For a 2nd gen eh? I wish i did something like that. Hella tight man!
            Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

jrask: Does this pic help you out at all? I couldn't remove the stock face from the cluster/gauges and didn't want to risk breaking the needles.

Put a ruler in the pic for reference.
              Attached Files
              ED

Comment

jrask: Does this pic help you out at all? I couldn't remove the stock face from the cluster/gauges and didn't want to risk breaking the needles.

Put a ruler in the pic for reference.
                Thanks, i'll try to make something out of it. I would have wanted km/h but i'll try edit them.

Comment

I doubt you would be able to get efficient lighting with LEDs in there. You have to understand that the light spread on our cluster is achieved with 'light pipes'. All it is a piece of plastic which is located between a light source and the surface needing the illumination. And, the light travels through it. I mean do not get me wrong, its a good idea, and if you can make it work, it would pretty damn nice. But it won't look as neat as it does on the example pictures above. You would need some very powerful LEDs, most likely you will need to add some resistors to control how much light you want to put out, and to prevent the LEDs from being burned out. You would also need to a find some narrow angle LEDs, so you won't have light leakage. And if you plan to use different colors, you have to make sure that the colors don't mix, and end up looking like ass. Anyhow, good luck with your project, and let us know how it turns out.
                  "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
                  X