Squeaky front end????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeaky front end????

I've picked up a "rubber" sounding squeak in the front left of my 1993 Protoge. Sounds like the strut? Is this common and is there anyway to lube this thing??? Its kind of annoying!!!

Fozzy
    1993 Protege DX

It was free!

Over 200,000 miles

Smells like the last owners raised polecats in it! The interior is horrible!

Not a straight panel on the poor thing, nothing caved in, but the poor old thing is just dinged and pinged all over. Maybe it's Mazda cellulite?

replace defective part...
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I have all kinds of front end noise. I replaced the struts, strut mounts, endlinks, and 1 balljoint (still need to replace the one on the passenger side). I still have some creaking sounds. I know for a fact the axles and the one bad balljoint are the culprits for most of the remaining noises, but I also think the motor mounts need replacing. (axles are the source of a clunking or poping noise generally) Im pretty sure the bad balljoint and or the motor mounts will cause the creaking noises I have. Id wager your noise is either balljoint's or endlinks -- start there.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I've got the same thing, and its terrible. I mean you can turn your wheel less than 1/8th an inch and it will do it. Nothing I have done will fix it

92 Protege DX - Sold.
        91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
        95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
        96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
        90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
        98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

This is less when turning and more when the chassis moves??? I'll tinker with it tomorrow sometime, just wanted see if it were common and if someone fixed it easily

Thanks

Fozzy
          1993 Protege DX

It was free!

Over 200,000 miles

Smells like the last owners raised polecats in it! The interior is horrible!

Not a straight panel on the poor thing, nothing caved in, but the poor old thing is just dinged and pinged all over. Maybe it's Mazda cellulite?

Comment

Mine squeaks both when turning the wheel, and if you push down on the drivers side of the car. For instance, to wake the neighbors, sit on your drivers side hood

92 Protege DX - Sold.
            91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
            95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
            96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
            90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
            98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Working...
            X