'92 LX vs '95 Integra LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'92 LX vs '95 Integra LS

This happened a while back, when I first got the Pro and I was still in the Army.

I was out on my lunch break, on my way back from paying my insurance, when I see one of my coworkers coming up behind me. He drives a '95 'teg LS 4-door 5-speed with:
    *17's
    *AEM CAI
    *full exhaust
    *gigantic CF wing
    *CF hood

He flies by me, then we stop at a light (3 lane road) next to eachother. He realizes who he's next to and we start jokingly reving our engines. I tell him we should race and he laughed at me, but he agrees anyways. Light goes green and we both take off spinning tires a little... but at the end of first i'm a 1/4 car length ahead. I slowly shift to second (bad syncros) and he pulls almost even. I pull a good 1.5 carlengths in 2nd and I shut it down as I shifted to 3rd (55mph speed limit) and he pulled along side me. He wasn't really upset that he lost to a bone stock Protege, he just thought it was kinda funny... so did I

It must be embarassing to have such a loud exhaust and be losing to a car with stock (quiet), peashooter exhaust.
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

word i was going to race my buddys 97 ls with an intake.. 2day but i figured i woulda got stomped so i didnt bother

Comment

the integras aren't always faster I took a 4 door with my old dx, so with a twin cam Pro I'd say it all depends on the driver
      '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
      Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

a lot of it has to do with the driver, like when i raced the older civic with intake and exhaust, the first gen doesnt get the respect that it deserves... nice work!!!
        Check out the J Way Group Project Proto HERE i will also make a page with all the hundreds of pics of my progress so keep checking

Comment

those integras are heavy.
          91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

Working...
          X