new toys/egt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new toys/egt question

I finally got around to installing my safc. It was pretty easy. Now I was able to install the larger injectors, up the boost and not make the ceck engine light go off. Tuning it was pretty damn easy. Boy am I glad I waited to install the egt befor wiring it. Question though about the egt. If I use anything electrical (windows, fan, turnsignals, lights) it starts freakin out and jumping all over the place. But as soon as I turn it off the needle stays still. Any thoughts?
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Bad ground?
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
      I finally got around to installing my safc. It was pretty easy. Now I was able to install the larger injectors, up the boost and not make the ceck engine light go off. Tuning it was pretty damn easy. Boy am I glad I waited to install the egt befor wiring it. Question though about the egt. If I use anything electrical (windows, fan, turnsignals, lights) it starts freakin out and jumping all over the place. But as soon as I turn it off the needle stays still. Any thoughts?
      Can you post detail instructions to hook up the S-AFC, or at least the cables that I have to cut/splice.

Comment

Where did you mount the EGT bung?
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          Where did you mount the EGT bung?
          Do you mean the probe? I drilled a hole in the down pipe right below where the down pipe hooks to the piece on the turbo. The o2 sensor is in the piece on the turbo but I couldn't get a drill up that high. And I have changed the groung so it is bolted to the chassis, I sanded all the paint off to so I know I have a good ground.
          As far as detailed instruction; go to www.apexi-usa.com/
          Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Working...
          X