Removing DX decal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing DX decal

Can anyone tell me how and what to use to remove the DX decal?Thanks.

have u tried decal remover
    i is dumb

Comment

blowdryer and credit card
      Silver 2001 Protege ES
      5-speed manual
      4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
      Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

elbow grease

Comment

I cut the metal the decal was on and removed the sticker and the paint with a sos pad or some sand paper. Then I went to a shop and got it re-welded and buffed out the excess weld marks and took my fender out and and re-painted it.
          sigpic
          1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
          1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
          2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Originally posted by .Zero
            I cut the metal the decal was on and removed the sticker and the paint with a sos pad or some sand paper. Then I went to a shop and got it re-welded and buffed out the excess weld marks and took my fender out and and re-painted it.
            I really don't know what to say about that...except that sure as hell was doing things the hard way.

Comment

use your fingernail or thumbnail to peel up one corner and pull it off. Use a bug/tar remover to remove the excess glue. should take no mroe tehn 10 minutes of your time.
              Visit My Garage

Comment

^^that worked for me, and would be the sensible thing to to. If its tought to get a corner lifted, just put some heat on it. As a matter of fact, if you use heat to remove them, you shouldnt even need to remove the adhesive.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i was just playing. i did what everyone did and just peeled it off by hand and clean up the glue stuff with some cleaner
                  sigpic

Comment

damn... and was thinking... what a ****ing expensive and useless mod. I gave up on mine last winter...I was doing it at the same time as the side moldings.... I just got irratated and was cold... got a corner off.... maybe I will try again today.

Comment

yeah, almost impossible if its cold.
                      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

keep the decal and be proud of your dx
                        2000 DX, Blue
                        Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                        2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

go to autozone and get decak remover and follow the instuctions it comes off so ****in easy took like 3 minutes to do my dx's and my stripes or wut ever they are called
                          i is dumb

Comment

yeah don't use a straigh razor. i screwed up and now i got a small chip in my paint there. No one notices but you will always notice it. grr..
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X