1997 Protege vs 2003 Mitsu eclipse gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Protege vs 2003 Mitsu eclipse gs

This happened this past weekend, I was hanging out with my friends waiting for one of my buddies car to get fixed. Anyway one of buddies friends pulls up in his 03 eclipse which is AT. All he has in it is an air filter. So were just messin around talking about cars and watcjed a few other guys race.( since this bodys shop has about a mile streight away before the are any ral roads.)
    We watched a 3000gt vs 01 prelude, prelude won by 1/4 car. and we watched that same prelude race 99 civic with sir engine(civic won by 1/4 car.)
    So then they were like why dont you race the eclipse. I was kind of sceptical cause i know i have 92hp stock (and i was on my 17's) and he has like 144hp. All i really have is ES intake and axelback exhaust. But i figure i race him anyway thinking i will get smoked.
    So we line up, we both burn out ( more me since my car is stick). I have no tach so im listening to engine when to shift. I shift into second and i dont see him on my left. I give it untill like 50mph, anf but it in 3rd when i look back and he is about 1 car lenght behing me. I finally shift into 4th and rach about 80mph when i press the hazard lights, and still one car lenght in from of him.

Anyway I was kind of suprised that I won by that much. Maybe because his car was auto, and i got a good start, but i guess it dont really matter because a win is a win.

stupid GoSlow eclipses hahahaahaha.... although i think i might be getting an old rs which is even worse... o well... nice work
    Check out the J Way Group Project Proto HERE i will also make a page with all the hundreds of pics of my progress so keep checking

Comment

good stuff automatics blow.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

:bsmeter:
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          :bsmeter:
          Taken from consumerguide.com: "test GS coupe with manual transmission did a decent 9.2 sec 0-60 mph"

Add a second or so for an Automatic and you have 10.2 0-60. My first gen SOHC/automatic would run 0-60 (0-96 km/h for me) in high 9's. I'd say a second gen w/manual is as fast if not faster than a first gen SOHC automatic.

Therefore not BS.

Comment

Originally posted by 97ProtegeDX
            when i press the hazard lights.
            Who would of guessed?

Comment

Originally posted by Natural
              Taken from consumerguide.com: "test GS coupe with manual transmission did a decent 9.2 sec 0-60 mph"

Add a second or so for an Automatic and you have 10.2 0-60. My first gen SOHC/automatic would run 0-60 (0-96 km/h for me) in high 9's. I'd say a second gen w/manual is as fast if not faster than a first gen SOHC automatic.

Therefore not BS.
              Automatic trannies do not always mean slower acceleration. Nor is just assuming that its going to be a full second slower because of an automatic any sort of accurate comparison.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Yo, I dont give a f*** if you believe me or not. I know what happen.

Comment

Well, since i OWNED a 3rd gen eclipse GS (the generation in question) and it was the 4g64 engine (the engine in question) only difference, mine was a stick. and they do not put 144 to the ground, they ae *rated* at 160, the put down 120, thats a stick mind you. AND they weigh just over 3000 LBS. i sold my eclipse because it was too ****ing slow. i raced my gf's SOHC 93 DX Protege, and she stomped my ass by 3 car lengths by the time we were in 4th gear. these cars run high 17's with a good driver.

i not only believe you, but commend you for taking out the trash
                  Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Dude my 3rd gen got shreded by an eclipse. It was like I was going in reverse.

Im gonna go cry now, and pray to the boost gods/ or rather the new car gods (Im too close to just giving up now)

Comment

3g eclipse = teh ghey

1g and 2g 4g63 = teh win!

I raced a 3g eclipse with a v6 manual trans the other day and smoked his ass like i had just probed his anal cavities with a burning cuban cigar.

Alright alright they arent that bad but i just hate mitsu cars with a passion because mitsu cars are the gayest cars ever. Yes, i am partly gay because i own one :-( but i get cool points becasue i have 4g63 :-) so it breaks even.
                      Tag Team

Comment

i garuntee those cars have everything but power. interior is awsome and very comfy, and it was just as reliable as my protege. but it was teh slow. a v6 is about the same as a BP in terms of speed, high fifteens with a REALLY good driver...
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                        X