turbo timer hard wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo timer hard wiring?

Does anyone know who to wire a turbo timer into the ignition? The timer harness has a green, blue and red wire. These should fit into a harness that you buy from apex that hooks between the ignition cyl and the ignition harness. Coming out of the ignition is a black w/ blue stripe (st), solid blue (ig1), black w/ red stripe(ig2), black w/ white (acc) and solid black. I think the wiring goesred on tt to blk-blu on ign. blue on tt to blk-white on ign., green on tt to solid blue. But the diagram thaqt came with the tt says red:12v constant, blue: ig2, green: ig1. So that would mean; red to blk-blue, blue-blk/red, green-blue. If anyone can confirm this I would be very greatfull.

Also if anyone has used this harness please let me know as this would be most helpfull.
    Last edited by 92_2_fast; 09-22-2004, 10:09 PM.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

I have not used that one, but I used the gReddy one. Red went to the blue one, then there was a blue and green wire. Just put in your keys and turn it to the position that the wire calls for. Take a test light and test the connections. If the one you need lights up, tap it. Thats how i did it and it works fine. The only wire i rember tapping was the big blue and and smaller ?white/red? one.
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Maybe its different in the pro, but the blue wire is an ignition wire not a 12v constant. There is also no red/whit wire only black with diff colored stripes.

Comment

Get a test light or mulit-meter and turn the key to acc, on etc. I did my constant wire to my alternator wire, thick one.
        James G.
        sobe83@yahoo.com
        AIM: DVS 323BPT
        MySpace
        Cardomain
        <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

technically we really don't need TT's though right? except for you maybe james.. i dunno if your turbo is watercooled. well the vj20's/vj23s are eh i dunno. I may be selling mine in the future.
          00 dakota 4x4
          90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Originally posted by ne3ek
            technically we really don't need TT's though right? except for you maybe james.. i dunno if your turbo is watercooled. well the vj20's/vj23s are eh i dunno. I may be selling mine in the future.
            Turbo timers are not necessary, but it makes life easier so you don't have to sit in the car to let the turbo cool down.
            1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
            MODS:
            GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
            TO DO LIST:
            EDM/JDM rear bumper
            EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
            Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
              Turbo timers are not necessary, but it makes life easier so you don't have to sit in the car to let the turbo cool down.
              haha ya i know that, but what I'm saying is that i dun think our turbos need the time to cool down because they are watercooled. I thought TTs were used for aftermarket turbos that usually only use oil lines.
              00 dakota 4x4
              90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

the only time you need on is if your beating the balls off your car, for everyday driving i have mine off.
                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!
                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

The official wiring is blue to black/red stripe, green tosolid blue, red to one of the thick black wires-there are two of these so take your pick. Just so if anyone needs to know who it is done. Oh yea this is a apexi auto timer-the skinny ass one.

Comment

I just set mine for 20 seconds.
                    James G.
                    sobe83@yahoo.com
                    AIM: DVS 323BPT
                    MySpace
                    Cardomain
                    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

i have this same timer its a nice unit. i have mine set to auto set. it will nto go ver 3 minutes of idel but it most of the tiem is sitting at about 45 seconds. when i am in a hurry i will just manual click it to like 10-20 seconds so i can walk away and set it before going inside a store.

NEUMAN

Comment

Working...
                      X