Chrysler Crossfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrysler Crossfire

Went to the Chrysler "Route 2003" event today and got to play with some cool toys. Took a 2500 Hemi around for a spin on the track (my little sinful pleasure, I would never buy something that ****ing huge and I think you would have to have a little dick to think you need one for a daily driver), drove a Wrangler Rubicon (even in 2nd on the automatic the low range transfer case is hard to drive without spinning the tires, its geared way too frickin low, 1st gear is insane), then I went and played with a new Crossfire. If you can find one, do yourself a favor and go try one out with a manual (they only had autos, I'm gonna have to hunt one down myself ). Mercedes bits with a stylish Chrysler exterior. Looks good and drove like a performance SLK. Had a wicked exhaust note, and a cool little spoiler on the back. Almost everything is German inside, and only 33k (also was a lot more comfortable than the RX-8 I drove a couple of weeks ago).
    2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
    1983 F-150 351W

I was at the Chrysler Park 'n' Ride yesterday at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee IL. I had my license suspended so I couldn't drive any of the cars, but my friend got to drive a Crossfire. He said it had nice handling, nice interior, very comfortable, and good braking, but the power just wasn't on tap. In all honesty, after watching people take test drives it looked like the PT Cruiser Turbo was having more fun in the straights than the Crossfire. It's just too bad the Crossfire only has 210 horsepower. If I'm going to pay 35 grand for a car I'd expect a bit more than that. It does look nice though. And the retractable wing only makes the car look better.

By the way, Superman Ultimate Flight OWNS!!!!

Comment

i drove the crossfire...i was very unimpressed...interior fit and finish sucks, power is lacking, and its cramped and not as intuitive as the rx8

Comment

I agree it needs more power, but I didn't feel nearly as cramped in it as I did in an RX-8, and the materials in the Crossfire are above the standard issue Mazda plastics (again in the RX-8). Not that it deserves to be compared to an RX-8. It isn't meant to be a performance machine, just a great car to cruise around in and be seen. And a Mercedes 3.2L V6 is like butter.
        2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
        1983 F-150 351W

Comment

I saw one driving down the road a few weeks ago, actually beginning of august... It was on the highway, and the wing was up, looked awesome. Very nice looking car, but 210hp is a bit disapointing. Should be more like 250-300. Ahh well.
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

what you're seeing now, and going to see more of is the big four, and even sideline makes are going to deliver you more of the classic style cars we are used to. buick has some things in the works, plymouth did it a few years back with the prowler, chevy does it with the SSR concept, chrysler did it with the pt cruiser and now the crossfire, pontiac is re-releasing a newer version of the GTO (total redesign, 5.7litre v8 with 350 hp), ford did it with the restyling of the thunderbird, i mean, its just the first of many. you're going to see some great looking cars, but whether they deliver a car meeting the power hungry driver of today is left to be seen. it's mostly tailored to baby boomers as far as the classic style/nostalgia look their going for. with the wild concept level designs you see coming from lexus, infinity and the like, i think we're due to see some great looking cars in the next 5 to 6 years. as far as the crossfire, i saw my first one in person today, to me, it looked like anybody taller than 5'5 would have a hard time climbing in and out, let alone driving the damn thing. same thing with the viper... do those things actually have any leg room for the driver? all things being equal, it's great to see auto designers delivering style, and engineering. i don't know, driving my first gen, i feel like mazda just threw together a motor with 4 wheels on a chasis and called it a car cause it feels so dated, but the great sideline to bad import design is awesome handling capabilities. i want a new car so badly, lets hope they come up with something better .
            peace
            p.s. some of this rant may not be accurate as i read it back, but wtf, i don't feel like editing :p:

Comment

My friend is 6'3", he fit fine in it. He said it was actually pretty comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
                pontiac is re-releasing a newer version of the GTO (total redesign, 5.7litre v8 with 350 hp)
                That's just Pontiac trying to cash in on the GTO trademark. The new GTO is actually a Holden Monaro, manufactured in Australia, refitted for Pontiac use.

And I'm about 6' and I fit fine, roof felt low getting in, but once you sit down it is comfy. Mercedes leather and seats make for a good place to sit.
                2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
                1983 F-150 351W

Comment

the chrysler corssfire
                  looks nice and is a new look to the new style of cars coming out.
                  I once explained to my friend how it looked
                  It is a minivan, lowered, with a bodykit and large rims

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

i just saw pics of the shift knob.... that thing barely sticks out of the console assembly.
                    Tag Team

Comment

Working...
                    X