maybe some sort of flagging system??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe some sort of flagging system??

I was thinking maybe we could have some sort of flagging system to let a mod know that there is a post out of place or something.

the third one I used the Report bad post button. I know that the button is supposed to be used for posts with flaming or other vulgar/hostile commentary, but I used it in this case. I think that if there was maybe another button one that flagged the post for the mods to see and correct or something?

I dunno, I know they will see it eventually and fix it, just an idea I was throwing out there.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

I am down for anything that reduces all the dead threads being revived.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
      I am down for anything that reduces all the dead threads being revived.
      I agree. I know that after a certain amount of time you can't edit your old posts anymore... is there a way to have threads "expire" after, say, two months and then they automatically close? Obviously they can be reopened by the admins if it's really important, but then there are no accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
        I agree. I know that after a certain amount of time you can't edit your old posts anymore... is there a way to have threads "expire" after, say, two months and then they automatically close? Obviously they can be reopened by the admins if it's really important, but then there are no accidents.
        sounds good to me. Sad that those steps have to be taken but with the recent influx of noobs who knows.....

Comment

but what is a good amount of time?

once archived, could we make it possible to search only the archived section? I know you can search bby date under the advanced search function, but it might be easier to just search 'archived threads' or something.

Comment

The archive would just be a sub-forum of the section, so you could select it in the advanced search mode, just as you would select "Search only in Car Audio" or "only in 3rd Gen Drivetrain", etc.

Comment

thats a very good idea. Archived threads could be searched, read and linked to, but closed, so that nobody can post.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                The archive would just be a sub-forum of the section, so you could select it in the advanced search mode, just as you would select "Search only in Car Audio" or "only in 3rd Gen Drivetrain", etc.
                thats what I assumed, but since I ddint see it there already I didnt know if it would be an option.

Comment

Working...
                X