Windshield washer pump and airbag light foibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield washer pump and airbag light foibles

My airbag light started flashing yesterday.
    When I first bought the car it happened too.
    It would flash 6 times, stop, flash 6 more times stop....... it would do about 3 or 4 sequences of six flashes and stop.
    The first time it happened was a few days after I bought my car, in like
    August 2001 it happened for a few days, stopped and it never happened since then. Until yesterday, when the same damn thing happened once in the morning and once later on in the day. Same ****, 3-4 sequences of six flashes. It hasn't happened today so far. but I haven't driven that far.
    Any ideas or suggestions??

Next we have my windshield washer pump.
    For the last few months, when I would pull the lever it would spray like normal and then steadily get weaker. A few weeks ago, it stopped working completely.
    I figured at first the connections could have been loose and/or dirty so I pulled the inner fender ****, unplugged the pump and cleaned the terminals both on the plug and on the pump itself, goddam there was alot of **** in there. I plugged it back in, nothing. The wipers would still work when I pulled the lever so I figured the pump was ****ed. JUst for the **** of it I got some wires and ran power from the battery straight to the pump, nothing. Reinforcing my theory that the pump was the most likely culprit. I put everything back together and was planning on getting a new pump during the week. One day on the way to work, without thinking I pulled the lever, lo and behold the pump worked. and it worked good too, I kept it spraying for a good 10-15 seconds and it was still pumping as strong as ever. When it was going downhill before it would start to get weak after a few seconds.

So its been a few days since I've used used the thing, but the last couple times I used it the same **** was happening again, the stream would get weak after a few seconds.......... again, making me think that the pump is the problem.

Any comments??
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

CAn I assume that the warranty is unlimited mileage as well??
    It had 156,000 KM and change when I bought it.
    ****, if it is, then I'm probably just past the 7 year mark.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

new pump cost me less than $10cad....so it would be lie $5usd....easy fix.

Comment

Working...
      X