X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of getting some new wheels...

Motegi Trak Lite Gunmetal
    17"x7", 4x100, 42mm offset, 15lbs.

What do you all think? If someone's a photoshop genius could they Photohop them on my car? I'm not sure about the Gunmetal on tan. The reason I really like them is because they only weigh 15lbs, a helluva lot lighter than my current wheels which are very heavy.

Here they are in black on a Mazda6:

And a pic of my car with current wheels:

These would be my street wheels; still have my other set of wheels/tires for autocross.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

might look ok, make sure to have someone ps them on there first.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I'm personally not a fan of gunmetal wheels anyway, but I really like the wheels you have one there now. They set your car apart almost as much as the bumper. Are you planning on racing?

EDIT: never mind, I just read the part about these being street wheels.

Comment

I like the wheels very much. I think they look better than your current ones. Also, light weight is always desirable for best performance.
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

i think gunmetal would look sweet, but thats just me, i also like your current wheels, but if i had to choose i suppose i would pick the new ones.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

for the street, why are you worrying about weight so much? Id be inclined to be more worried about them bending easily if they're only 15 lbs and not super expensive (read: forged)
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I think they are forged if I'm not mistaken. Jesse, remember driving my car at the autox? Now think of it being even slower with the heavy ass wheels I have on it now. Plus a sub in the trunk. And my A/C on in the hot weather. And sometimes 2-3 other people in the car. Weight reduction is my friend...
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

But all together they would not even reduce the weight by as much as one passenger... is it really that big an issue? And unless you get them for a really good price, save that money and you're a third of the way to a turbo...

Comment

40-50lbs of unsprung weight is a lot to shave off the car. My car's never gonna be a 13 second beast; I'm just trying to make it more how shall I put it...bearable...in everyday driving.

Not to mention the fact that my current wheels have gone to **** over two years. Arospeed makes crappy, crappy quality stuff. The clearcoat is peeling off every single one of the wheels and two of my centercaps have popped off just in the last few months.

I think it's going to be a go, but first I need to get my damn fog lights and fender liners in, LOL.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                    Not to mention the fact that my current wheels have gone to **** over two years. Arospeed makes crappy, crappy quality stuff. The clearcoat is peeling off every single one of the wheels and two of my centercaps have popped off just in the last few months.
                    Didn't know that, they look great from the small sized pictures I can see.

Comment

i like the new rims. whoever psed them made them look real good. i say go for it. even tho i still like those old ones. try something new.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                        Didn't know that, they look great from the small sized pictures I can see.
                        This is an old pic; it's gotten worse...
                        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Yeah, that makes a slight difference

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE

I think they are forged if I'm not mistaken. Jesse, remember driving my car at the autox? Now think of it being even slower with the heavy ass wheels I have on it now. Plus a sub in the trunk. And my A/C on in the hot weather. And sometimes 2-3 other people in the car. Weight reduction is my friend...

I like that
                            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Only if your interested...
                              1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                              1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                              2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                              2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Working...
                              X