Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miata VS MY 323 ....

This happened about 15mins ago.

As I was on my way to pick up my order at Denny's w/ my girl I saw this 99-01 red miata w/ stock body kit and 16" racing fin rims. He was on my left lane stopped at the light. As I was slowing down to get to the light about 3mph the light turned green so he took off I wanted to shift on 1st but since the car is already rolling it was kinda hard to shift it to 1st so I kept it on 2nd. He didn't gun it yet not until I was next to him then we both floored it I was gaining big time and killed him about 1 car right when I shifted on 3rd. I was pissed cuz I didn't have my NOS bottle on. I wanted to test my nos on a battle but I guess there's always next time. Anyhow we stop on the next light and he rolled down his window and asked me,"hey is that GT-X?" I told him,"no, but we do share the same engine tho" I asked him what he's got under the hood he said just headers and intake and I told him the same thing since I didn't use my Nos.

I didn't like the race. Miatas are very weak. no challenge especially for all motor bolt ons maybe someday I'll come across of one thats would kill my 323...

this is 2nd miata that I beat. The first one was at the track he ran 18.4 .

good kill... the newer miata's are as heavy (or heavier) as my Protege.
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

18.4 at the track? Horrible driver? I thought they ran at least 15s.....
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yeah I bet it was the driver....

only if he had supecharger or turbo I would've pulled over and pop my trunk...

Comment

hell yea I would have too.

Comment

why don't you get the remote bottle opener..

Man I just installed my headers yesterday and what a difference.

good race... with NOS it would have been a really serious kill.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
              why don't you get the remote bottle opener..

Man I just installed my headers yesterday and what a difference.

good race... with NOS it would have been a really serious kill.

Bro, you have no idea how much i want to get them remote. I just can't afford it right now. Damn thing cost $237.00 not including the shipping and tax. I need to get the bottle heater too...

Yeah you can deffinitely feel the difference on them headers...

Comment

$110 shipped.....

3 days bid at 51 bux & 8 to ship

worth the hundred bux to me, but I understand what your sayin..... those extras add up really quick.....

Comment

You have me debating on weather to install the vj20 in the 323 or get a Nitrous bottle...

hmm... thunder thoughts.. lol.
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Thanks for helping out D323 but those kind of opener causes surging when pressing that nitrous button. I have heard alot of bad things about those remotes.

The one Im looking for is the opener that twists the bottle opener. This way you'll know if its all the way open or close.

Comment

Working...
                    X