Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timing spec for my bp w/ nos or turbo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing spec for my bp w/ nos or turbo...

rule of thumb is to retard the timing atleast 3 degree. So, what I did was retard my timing to 7 degree now the car feels like **** when its all motor. The stock spec is 9-11 degree so I went to 10 degree then I minus 3 deg. I want to keep it safe especially I don't know anyone thats squeezing Nitrous on their stock BP.
    Here's my question.
    I see most of the ads for Nitrous set-up that you dont need to retard and especially not advance or any type of device to advance your timing is needed to ran this wet system single fogger but what do you guys think? should I just keep it to 10 degree? What do you most of the turbo tuner have on your turbo'ed bp motor?

thanks...

I have a boost sensing timing retard system thats not hooked up. Senses boost and retards as much as 15 degrees dedpending on your setting. I would bring it up a little and see what goes down.
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

there is the msd retard system (which I actually have). You can use that to retard the timing when you hit on the nitrous that way you can run your stock timing.
      A friend of mine actually did this on his 1.5 protege. It worked out very well also.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I called a performance shop nearby my area and told me I should've have retarded my timing since im only shooting 50 shots. They told me 50 shots is not gonna hurt my car. I asked them if they can dyno my car w/ Nos they said they'll do it for $80 dyno tune for 3 runs and they told me if they blow my motor they'll buy and install me same motor. So, I guess Im gonna do that and see how it is...

Damn! Nitrous is sick man especialy when the bottle is warm... I get a stiff neck on my second gear once I press that button

Comment

i have bpt with bpt ecu and base timing is 10 deg.i run 21psi and 80 shot on stock timing but i understand mine maps are difrent nut i dont think you will have any problem if you jet it right and use wet system
          http://hometown.aol.com/d2maz/index.html
          )
          91 PROTEGE 4WD BPT RUNNING WOW TRACTION WITH 1.5 BAR(sold)
          97 ECLIPSE GST SPYDER (K&N ,BCS MOD, GREDDY FMIC) new toy(sold)
          99 PASSAT GLX V6 (OEM E spec navi, wife's car)
          2006 JETTA TDI DSG 50 mpg(sold)
          2006 EVO GSR
          FIXING VW's for past 10 years

Comment

Wow thats crazy! hey do you think I can keep it to 10 deg. and bump my jet to 75 shots?

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
              I called a performance shop nearby my area and told me I should've have retarded my timing since im only shooting 50 shots. They told me 50 shots is not gonna hurt my car. I asked them if they can dyno my car w/ Nos they said they'll do it for $80 dyno tune for 3 runs and they told me if they blow my motor they'll buy and install me same motor. So, I guess Im gonna do that and see how it is...

tell them to give you that in writing..

Damn! Nitrous is sick man especialy when the bottle is warm... I get a stiff neck on my second gear once I press that button
              So which do you think is better .. the wet or the dry system ..
              I mean a 50 shot would be perfect for a light car like a 323..
              I could only imagine your second gear. I realized that after I put the header on the 323/BP the motor revs so much quicker .. The engine really is breathing much better .
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

O yeah definitely I'll have 'em write that down.

Never get the dry system. I have been using wet system 60 shots for my 11.1 compression sohc civic and never had a problem with it. That is why I still got wet sys. for my bp. Getting a wet system is like having an extra fuel injector for extra fuel right when you hit that button. This will keep you have enough fuel especially on a high rpm.

Comment

how safe do you think it would be to run nos on my sohc?
                  '91 323 SE
                  Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
                  <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

I know everyone here would tell you to just save up and buy bp and you're probably sick of it. Anyhow, when I had my sohc for four mos. I only redline it twice. Reason why, is because it felt like the rpm takes like 1min. to get to redline on the first gear and the car felt like is still not moving. The other reason y I didn't redline the b6 is bcuz of blown "head gasket" not on my car but I heard from a couple of sohc tuners and non from the bp tuners.

No, it is not safe for you to ran that Nitrous.

Comment

yeah i have heard the bp thing a lot, and i plan on getting one someday, but i dont know when that will be, so for now i am trying to find ways to make my sohc just a little bit faster. btw i know what you mean about taking the sohc to redline, it takes forever. would you happen to know the exact redline for the B6? right now i have my shift lite set to go off at 5000, but i was wondering what the actual redline is.
                      '91 323 SE
                      Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

<center></center>

Comment

Originally posted by mustangjosh67
                        yeah i have heard the bp thing a lot, and i plan on getting one someday, but i dont know when that will be, so for now i am trying to find ways to make my sohc just a little bit faster. btw i know what you mean about taking the sohc to redline, it takes forever. would you happen to know the exact redline for the B6? right now i have my shift lite set to go off at 5000, but i was wondering what the actual redline is.
                        if im not mistaken the redline is at 6k rpm...
                        If you want to make it a lil then go for 30 shots nos that'll be fine for a sohc.

You see if you buy nos and blow ur motor ur gonna have to save up for a new motor and while ur at it ur gonna think of a better engine which is the bp and since you already have the nos u'll end up installing the new bp and your nitrous.
                        Sounds good? go for it.

Comment

yeah 6k sounds right to me, and a 30 shot sounds good too. now i just gotta find some cheap. and when i do finally get my bp i will install the nitrous on that.
                          '91 323 SE

<center></center>

Comment

Working...
                          X