Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring lights to turn on simoultaneously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring lights to turn on simoultaneously.

Well I am in the process of wiring some foglights up to my car, and was wondering how I can wire them to turn on simoultaneously. I want to be able to turn them both on sometimes, and then with the flip of a switch flash simoultaneously. Am I going to be able to do this? What all is it going to require.

Thanks for your help guys.

what do you mean simultaneously? Like the same time as the headlights?

Ok so you want the fogs to come on with the headlights, but to also be controled by a switch that can turn them on as well?

sorry for the questions, I just want to make sure I understand before trying to help
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i think he means to have them work normally like foglights, but also flash like cop car lights.... right?

Comment

thats why I was asking..... If he wants them to flash, just buy a xeon strobe control kit off of ebay and wire it up to strob how you want. I think T3ase did that over off of msprotege.com. dunno if he made a how-to or anything, but he did get his headlights flashing like cops and what not.

Comment

Yeah thats what I meant Daryll. So the xeon strobe control kit can have them both stay on too, or not?

Comment

Wire in a switch on the dash that puts power directly to the lights in one position, and puts power through the strobe in another position.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
              Wire in a switch on the dash that puts power directly to the lights in one position, and puts power through the strobe in another position.
              thats what I was going to suggest. 3 position toggle (or whatever kind you like) switch.
              1. off 2. constant power 3. power to the strobe kit

Comment

allright thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                  thats what I was going to suggest. 3 position toggle (or whatever kind you like) switch.
                  1. off 2. constant power 3. power to the strobe kit
                  If it were me, I would put off in the center.... safer that way, depending on what type of toggle switch you are using. You don't want current running from your constant power circuit to the strobe circuit during the switch, even if it is really brief...
                  Last edited by TheLastMarauder; 06-22-2005, 02:36 PM. Reason: oops, old thread... didn't check date
                  ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Working...
                  X