Beat a V6 Accord off the line ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beat a V6 Accord off the line ;)

Tonight my girlfriend and I were driving downtown in my 1982 VW Quantum. This car is completely stock, and it's a beast. Around 115 hp at the crank and geared for cruising. Perfect for a street race, right? We pulled up to a stoplight next to a late 90's V6 Accord coupe. My girlfriend was driving, and laughed and said she was going to race it. She revved the engine VERY slightly and crept up toward the line.

The light changed. She popped the clutch and the car jumped forward hard enough to throw me back in my seat. I will attribute this to two factors: 1) it's RWD; and 2) the clutch is going out so it engages very suddenly. So anyway, we jumped forward, and I looked over and the Accord was an entire car length behind us. Now, I'm sure you're all ready to call BS at this point, but rest assured, the driver had no idea he was racing yet. So now we're almost two car lengths ahead of him and gaining fast. I have no idea what redline is on the Quantum (it has no tach) but it must be fairly low cause she hit it FAST. Unfortunately the car wasn't going quite as fast (read very slow). She made a quick shift into second and continued to pull on him.

At this point the driver of the Accord realized we were racing, and we got our nice surprise for the night. He stepped on it, there was a loud VROOOM PSSHHHHHHHT sound, and the turboed V6 disappeared down the road.

When will people learn to not sneek up on turbo'd cars? *tisk tisk* I can't tell you how many time I have been in the Accord's shoes.

Comment

:p:

Comment

LOL

nice post

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

nice, i love when people jump you off the light when your not paying attention, lol
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I love sitting there when people are acting like idiots, and then just taking them off the line without so much as a tire chirp and leaving them behind

Comment

i love when girlfriends race people!
              thats hot

Comment

Working...
              X