another component question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another component question

I have a friend who works at a electronics store that sells kicker, clarion and a few others, just not worth mentioning, and was wondering if clarion or kicker made good components. I know clarion make good HU's and kicker is well know for horrible sq subs with tons of spl(the l7's of course) but i don't know anything about their speakers. he gets a huge discount on all car audio products, almost right at half price, which means that kenwood indash dvd/tv combo thats like 1800 bucks, he can't get it for 850.
    anyways, your opinions on kicker and clarion componens please.

sidenote, old round kicker solobarics are awesome.
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

I was reading an article where they compared 3 brands of components (MBQuart, Kicker and Diamond Audio). They said that all 3 were very similiar and that the kicker and diamonds were only slightly behind the MB's. So I would say that the kicker Components cannot be too bad.

Here is the article:

Comment

is your title from gangs of newyork rider?
      '02 classic red p5

Comment

i found the kicker components to be tinny. pretty bright.
        right alongside the mb quarts.
        not sure about the clarion tho...

kicker has nice oversize comps, so that might be worth looking into. beef up ur midbass by throwing in a 7"comp set...? ooohhhh
        -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
        >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
        **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

The Kickers in my opinion sound pretty good but for some reason the bass that is produced from them just sound a lil weird to me... like the highs sound great, almost as good as my alpines of not the same, but the bass...just sounds kinda funny....not distorted or anything it just sounds weird... dont know how to describe it but it just does... but if you like the bass they make then I'd say go for it... just amke sure you get the good ones

Also the speakers I heard and im making the comments about where the high end 6x9's just so you know... I dont know about the others since they werent hooked up...

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
            is your title from gangs of newyork rider?
            Actually, never saw the movie. It is a derivative of EZRider. That was taken on too many places already, so I shortened it to Rider and added my birth year...Rider69...on aolIM is is Rider69mp5, to change it up some more...plus Rider69 was taken!

Comment

i was meaning the title of "da butcher" b/c that was the name of the bad guy in gangs of new york. buy thanks for the other explanation
              '02 classic red p5

Comment

Originally posted by onehawaiian
                i found the kicker components to be tinny. pretty bright.
                right alongside the mb quarts.
                not sure about the clarion tho...

kicker has nice oversize comps, so that might be worth looking into. beef up ur midbass by throwing in a 7"comp set...? ooohhhh
                does kicker make a 7" comp set?
                '02 classic red p5

Comment

i was meaning the title of "da butcher" b/c that was the name of the bad guy in gangs of new york. buy thanks for the other explanation
                  Oh...sorry. Da' Butcher...That is just my occupation!

Comment

my friend did an all kicker setup, since he works at a store that sells kicker course they also sell JL, and he went with kicker i almost killed him anyways, the components sounded pretty good. i don't have any complaints about them

Comment

Kicker does not make a 7" component set, but they do sell the RMB6 and RMB8 Midbass drivers that are shallow enough for door installation and they are made to complement the resolution line of components.

BTW, I went out and listened to many component sets today (the ones I could find) from MB Quart, Eclipse, Kicker, JL Audio, Alpine, JBL, Boston and Matrix Audio(?). Anyway, I am trying to go away from the brightness of the Focal tweeters that I have and my two favorites right now are the Eclipses and surprisingly the Kickers.
                      THESE which can be had for about $150/set on ebay.

Comment

sorry bout that, i was thinking dunaudio when i was typing.
                        but i think they do have a 6.75 comp set (k65.2)... basically an oversized 6.5 set.
                        so basically a 7"...
                        -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
                        >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                        **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

In case you really wanted a 7" speaker... Alpine F1 Status 3 way components have a 7" woofer, 5.25 inch mid, and a 1.25 inch tweeter.... so there's your 7" woofer... of course one pair will set you back around $1,400 but hey.... just htink of it this way... if you do it right... you wont need rear fill... just put those 8" RE's in the back doors and your set

Comment

i'm actually starting to consider doing just eights in the rear doors now. just have to decide which ones
                            '02 classic red p5

Comment

what do you mean you have to decide. Either RE for about $80 for the pair or ED for $290 for the pair.

Comment

Working...
                              X