Rims too friggen wide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims too friggen wide

K, i got this really nice set of 17's for my 91 pro from a friends CHEAP. I want to put them on my car, but they're just alittle too wide. I'm not sure if i have options or not, i thought maybe i could space them out a bit, perhaps put longer studs on or something. I'd just really like to get these things on my car if i possibly can. any potentially helpful tips or info is greatly appreciated.

thanks guys

Originally posted by greigers-gen 1
    K, i got this really nice set of 17's for my 91 pro from a friends CHEAP. I want to put them on my car, but they're just alittle too wide. I'm not sure if i have options or not, i thought maybe i could space them out a bit, perhaps put longer studs on or something. I'd just really like to get these things on my car if i possibly can. any potentially helpful tips or info is greatly appreciated.

thanks guys
    How wide are they...
    Ratrod

Comment

i'm not quite sure, i don't have them with me at the moment. 8 inches is stuck in my head but that only MIGHT be it. i'll get them next week and measure them up and let you guys know. They appear as though they would have to be spaced out approx. 1/4 inch

Comment

if anyone can fit rims on a protege it's ProjectProtege . . . running 19s now yeah?
        Tag Team

Comment

OK, I got them sooner than i thought, they are 8.5 inch outside diameter. i'm starting to think that i can use a 1/4 inch spacer and maybe just get away with it.

Comment

8.5" is not a diameter. You are talking about the width.
            Tag Team

Comment

and i think projectprotege has 18's... , i would love 18s for my pro.. i just dont have anymoney haha

Comment

yah, that's it, width, sorry they're 8.5 inches WIDE

Comment

wow.. that is pretty frigin wide.
                  You need to figure out what the offset is. I wish I had a link to a site that would tell you how to do it, but you can search yahoo..
                  or
                  you can check the offset of the car it came off of.

I think you may have problems getting that rim to fit up properly on the car.
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

whoa 8.5 damn too wide mine are 7.5 and they hit the fender lip all around... Put them on ebay and buy some 18s. with 7.5... Im goin have to roll my lips in so i wont have this problem...
                    Ratrod

Comment

or you can buy spacer if they will fit and roll around like a mexican no offence but everyone around here with spacers with they rims are mexican...
                      Ratrod

Comment

I want to change my profile picture out but it wont let me ....??????? update with a picture with my 18s on and no ****in tint.... damn tintin laws...
                        Ratrod

Comment

I've got a small problem, I bought some Tenzo-r 17x7 shu-4's and they have an offset of 42mm. is that a little to close to the strut or will spacers probally fix the problem. i was told a 38mm offset is what i want. So would a 4mm spacer fix my problem. wouldn't that make the offset 38mm? I just dont want the wheels to look like what PROJECTPROTEGE was talking about. If anyone could help me out on this, please do.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectProtege
                            or you can buy spacer if they will fit and roll around like a mexican no offence but everyone around here with spacers with they rims are mexican...

ahh crap ... don't let Pat (ne3ek ) see this....
                            hahahha
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                            X