I am a retard and can't...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a retard and can't...

even figure out how to even start the install of a short shifter.... all the tutorials are either on an earlier generation or on a mp3...different...hmmm.... oh well.... any advise for a 2000lx?

or at least can someone tell if there is a way to get the center screws out of the console without taking the seats out.

Comment

The seats have to come out. I did my SS right before I had the leather installed. So I just punched a hole through the stock fabric.

Comment

**** I might do that... wouldnt be noticeable anyway.

Comment

Bah, I think you can get those screws out if you slide the seat around and have a really long screwdriver.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

maybe.... lemme go try....**** all those tutorials made it sound so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by charles
              Bah, I think you can get those screws out if you slide the seat around and have a really long screwdriver.
              Maybe if he unbolts the two screws by the console, he could then tilt the seat up. Otherwise the hole method is the easiest. The seat gets in the way by about 2 inches.

You do have a set of snap ring plyers don't you? If not don't even bother to start the install yet.

Comment

oh well... too dark to see anything now... Maybe I will try again tomorrow.... any help would be appreciated....Am I supposed to pop out that narrow rectangular piece if I dont remove the whole console and use this supposed hole method?
                Last edited by sLoPrO2k; 10-06-2004, 06:25 PM.

Comment

yea I do have snap ring pliers....

Comment

I think even with the triangular piece gone, you still won't have enough room.

Comment

Triangular?

Comment

Brain fart. I meant rectangular.

Comment

ahhh... so I blistered my finger trying to get that out for nothing....great.

Comment

I think I am gonna wait till the weekend.

Comment

Once you get some light it shouldn't take more than about an hour and a half. When I stripped my old car, I had the routine down and managed to do it in about 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X