KYB's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KYB's?

my uncle got KYB's on his 89 mustang and it handles pretty damn good, i was wondering if there is anything stiffer than those, i mean i want my little 323 to stick to the corners when im haulin ass around them, but yea, all i want to know is how good KYB's are in general. I dont know what KYB's he has but it freakin sticks gettin off the loop offramp doing like 60, so its pretty nice, but i need something like those or better so can some 1 please help me out....thnx
    93' mazda 323 - stock 1.6L sohc, absolutely no mods

the ZX2 struts are the stiffest from what mazdaracer has told me.

I have heard from others that the KYB's suck (compared to the Zx2 struts) on our cars.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

aren't the KYB struts offered for the protege an OEM replacement??

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
        aren't the KYB struts offered for the protege an OEM replacement??
        does the OEM stuff take loops at 60 as well as the ZX2 struts????

Comment

i think you're missing my point.. i'm saying, aren't the KYB struts available for the protege JUST oem replacements.. ie no different than normal tokicos you can purchase or what originally comes with the first gens? i had KYB replacement struts thrown on the back end of my protege when i blew em out.. it handled just the same.. and considering this thing couldn't take the cottman off ramp off 95 north in philly more than 35 mph with out the back end kicking out, i would suggest it serves no testimate to KYB struts for the protege.. but thats just me
          kevin

Comment

oh I know, I was just messing with you. I know that they are about the same as an OEM replacement part. But he said in his orginal post he wanted to have something corner like his uncles stang. If he wants to do 60 on loop off ramps he will need more than OEM stock parts.... should he be doing that, no, but who doesnt take a corner faster than they should every once in a while? Just suggesting the better of the suggested parts IMO.

Comment

suspension modifications can definately help.. ie strut bars, tie bars, sway bars, lowering springs, and of course, zx2 struts all of these in combination will give you some nice traction on an off ramp

Comment

yeah I was going to get to that later.. for now get the struts and do springs while you are there.

try not to go with more than an inch drop as the ZX2's are not meant to handle it, and will tend to scrape a tie bar on the ground if not careful over bumps.....

Comment

they are crap..stay away
                  93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                  02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                  05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

thanks yall

Comment

wait....who makes the zx2???

Comment

I have kyb gr-2's on my 00 and love them. The rave for the first gens are the zx-2's though.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I think Tokico makes the zx2s, I had a new set of KYB GR2s on the back of my Pro, they were blown within a few months. They dont like lowering springs. I guess the Tokicos are a bit stiffer than the KYBs.

Comment

best place to get them is thru oemfordparts.com

contact list in the sticky Mazdaracers strted about suspension.....

Comment

but i dont want my car to be any lower than it is, its at stock ride heigth, and my uncle said the kyb's will lower it about half a inch and thats ok with me, but i dont want it any lower than that, and people said that the KYB's cant handle the lowerd cars but my car aint lowered...so i just want my car to handle like its on rails!

Comment

Working...
                              X