How much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much

hello, I'm Adi and I come from Poland. I'm new here. I have a question for you:how much would it cost to build a drag track? As far as I know there's no such track in Poland so there's no one to answer, that's why I ask you. Please answer if you can, thanks in advance

One of the more expensive things might actually be insurance. I'm not sure anybody here is really going to know the answer, though.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i'm just kinda guessing here, but i would say upwards of $250,000.00 USD. You'll also need a good marketing plan to find investors, sponsors, etc etc.

Comment

you also need to look at local laws....

I looked into this once here around dallas, and in the US you are required to have something like a twice the amount of track for slow down than what you have for racing.

kinda confusing so heres an example. If you have a 1/4 mile track, you need 2/4 or 1/2 mile extra track added to the end of the 1/4 mile for brake failure and or other emergencies. Paving 3/4 of a mile is costly. Not to mention the barriers on either side, optional bleechers (sp) for ppl to watch, the tree and all controls.

Then you have upkeep of the track, and clean up crews, maitence crews, and saftey crew maybe required to be there during runs depending on laws again.

You also have to look at local noise pollution laws and other minor laws. They can make or break you aside from the enormous cost.....

I am in now way trying to discourage you. I just want you to realize that buildnig a track is a costly business expense.
        Last edited by D323; 10-07-2004, 03:45 PM.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

here in germany we often use old airfields (thank´s to the air force ), because they have an even surface, you can usually rent those. building one from scratch would be way too expensive
          www.mazda-community.de

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo81
            here in germany we often use old airfields (thank´s to the air force ), because they have an even surface, you can usually rent those. building one from scratch would be way too expensive
            those are perfect.... they are usually far from ppl and residential areas so the noise pollution is not a problem. But if that is seriously something you want to do, you are gonna have to contact some local AF personnel and see if the strip is still in use. If they have not used it for a while see what they might rent/sell it to you for. If you can get it cheap then you are set.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Yeah, I've raced on an old airfield out in the California high desert. Pretty hard on tires, because the pavement isn't very smooth, and plants and weeds and stuff are all over the place. There was a lot of bureaucracy involved in getting use of the airstrip, but basically all we have to do is be sure to paint big white X's every year, because the air strip is still designated as a possible emergency landing strip.
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
              X