Flame Thrower .. puhlease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame Thrower .. puhlease

i know i don't have to search ebay, i know i'm probably hitting a sore spot with a repeat topic, but has anybody seen these flame thrower kits out there? i can't imagine how highly legal these things are, but my friend's import shop is starting the first install of what will hopefully be so few flame thrower kits, that theoretically in a dirty gas guzzling car, will throw flames out the back by igniting unburnt fuel in the exhaust.. kind of like a jet engine with an afterburner.. same principle. only the kid getting the first test install owns a 95 eclipse gs i believe, nice dual exhaust setup and what not, however, decides he wants flames thrown out the back of his car. and somehow in theory, it's such a clean burning engine, that he's got to tap a line from the fuel tank or use a propane fuel cell to throw burnable gas into the exhaust as the engine does such a good job of burning the gas efficiently? does this make sense to anybody? why the **** would you install this? i can't fathom... anywho, i'd love to see these 2F2F enthusiast's burn their bumpers off... whats your take on the matter?
    peace

They were cool, and still illegal to use on the street, back when engines had carbs and there was enough **** already in the tailpipe to ignite. But having to run a fuel line to feed it, thats BS. Maybe the little wanker will blow his car up with it or something.
    2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
    1983 F-150 351W

Comment

well i'm a bit of a pyro so i like fire... but i gotta admit... seems dangerous.. although i think this is just the evolution of the car scene... always trying to change things.. this is an old thing that lost its power a while back but looks like its trying to make a come back... its just a show thing... it will either catch on or move on....
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
      MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

when i remove the cat from the rx7 im sposed to be getting, itll shoot flames

Comment

ok falmes shoot out of the back with some forcedinduction cars. it is an extreme form of back firing (back + fire) go figure. it can be cool but kits that make it do so is sooo ricer... if you can make a trubo engine do it, that is cool. it ususally means you have something under the hood. but a propane cell. WTF where is an "idiot ricer" emoticon when you need it?
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
            when i remove the cat from the rx7 im sposed to be getting, itll shoot flames

Everybody is in such a hurry to remove their catalytic converters. Please don't do it unless you really think you need to. Why not get a test pipe made and use it for track days only?
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
            X