why oil leaking out of my Oil cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why oil leaking out of my Oil cap

why oil leaking out of my Oil cap on my Z5 engine and the oil level is correct.

Is the cap tight?

Maybe you need a new oil cap.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Replace your pcv valve...I know it sounds weird guys but the same thing happened on my 00, I replaced the pcv and it stopped.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I just replaced both PCV valve and the oil cap. I could easily tell that the seal on the oil cap was no longer good.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I don't know if the 2.0L oil cap is different than the 2nd gen but my cap has a separate gasket and when it started to leak I just replaced the gasket (part no. 8871-10-252) and it cured the problem.
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Go to the junkyard and pull one off any mazda 4 cylnder.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yes the cap tight.How to tell if the PCV valve is not working.

Comment

shake it and see if it rattles....or spend the $3.00 to replace it.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

If the PCV valve rattles it good or bad.

Comment

good, But i would change it anyways, its really cheap. Its either the cap or the pcv. either way 10$ worth of repair at most.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                    X