How hard you drive your cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard you drive your cars?

Hello, I was just wondering how hard you drive your cars? I have an 03 LX auto and I drive it pretty hard.....Im really going to try and stop though because I don't know if it can handle it or not. Ive always wanted a Mazda and finally got one and heard nothing but great things about it but I want this car to last. I treated my last car like **** I manually shifted(it was auto) constantly, always redlining it an just putting it through hell and back and never had a problem with it at all. And ya, you may wonder what car was it, it was a kia, say there junk but it treated me great and it was a great car until i wrecked on ice. anyways just how hard do you drive your car?and any problems with it?
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

I drive my car hard, always have. Yeah, I said I was gonna stop like a million times, never have - LOL. I've had it since 98 and shes still goin strong.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I've never caused a car problems by driving hard.

Comment

ya its very hard not to drive her so hard. but i dont wanna hurt my baby lol
        2003 Mazda Protege LX
        Laser Blue
        www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
        Old Car
        1998 Kia Sephia LS
        Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

it's ok, just remember that the rev limiter is there for a reason . . . so you can bounce off it! lol! ok ok j/k

I dont drive my car at WOT very often unless i need to represent, so to speak. I'm just too much of a jew to spend gas like that. That's a figure of speech of course, since I've never met an asian jew before.
          Tag Team

Comment

bouncing off the limiter will not hurt the car.
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

i drive mine decently hard....i know i say im going to stop and im right back out on the road doing something lol. i tend to like to use my handbreak sometimes. well actually, alot lol , i wonder how much tread i have left

by the way, yes im new here

love the forums, great job, i just got my 98 protege alittle over a month ago and im lovin it so far, except for the tranny work im having done but thats the mechanics fault who missed my deferential (excuse my spelling) going out for the work i had done a few days earlier. but the cars great and without a doubt i want my next one to be a newer protege :D

once again, great forums

Comment

Redline all the time
                When i come back home or stop somewhere after driving like a moron im always mad at my self and feel bad about the car when i smell the clutch, brakes or tires
                One day you are born,
                The next big milestone
                you discover go zoom-zoom
                you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMadness
                  im always mad at my self and feel bad about the car when i smell the clutch, brakes or tires
                  But it is so much fun...

Comment

i beat mine to hell daily, it has 94 k on it with a turbo.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i did beat the hell outa my car until i had to replace the manual tranny, 2 motor mounts, clutch and now i gotta get to my wheel bearings too... other than that i love my car and couldn't wish for anything more...cept for a turbo.

I guess with the 1.6 you can rod the hell outa it but the motor doens't purduce enough power to put stress on anything really. but i'm waiting til something internally goes bad
                      sigpic
                      1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
                      1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
                      2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Typically not very hard. But, on occassion (bi monthly) I go out at ~3 am enjoy 30minute sessions on a very twisty road that streches along the waterfront. These sessions are balls to the wall, tires screaming, drifting, heel and toe, agressive shifts, etc. Damn fun car. BTW I typically see 0-1 cars out on the road when I do this.

Comment

Originally posted by sgood
                          These sessions are balls to the wall, tires screaming, drifting, heel and toe, agressive shifts, etc.
                          Wow...wish my car would do all that.

Comment

I drive my car pretty hard. I dont really hit the limiter but I rev it high between shifts down shift, take corners hard etc etc...been doing it since I can remember (thanks Jessie) :p: and I hit 86500 yesterday...not a single problem...:D
                            Sagaris

Comment

SHE'S ALIVE!!! Nice to see you posting again.

Comment

Working...
                              X