1.6 liter Phenolic Spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6 liter Phenolic Spacers

Hey all, Im here to try and get at least 5 people interested in some spacers for our lowly 1.6ers. Just like the ones that Outlaw Engineering offers, they will serve the same purpose as well. But a whole heck-of-a lot cheaper. They will help keep the IM cooler which translates to slight gains in HP. Nothing outrageous, but nothing to dismiss either. I would imagine that if this goes well, then maybe one could be made for the TB too?? (hint hint).

For anyone who is interested and wants to get a very good product at a cheap price, PM Turf Burn @ msprotege.com for details. Someone can make a list if needed. Those that are interested can leave their user name to later forward to Turf. Thanks guys and lets try to get this made.

what the heck are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!?
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Im talking about the intake manifold and throttle body spacers that www.outlawengineering.com offers. You can go to that website and check out the spacers that they offer. These spacers are supposed to resist heat and help keep your intake manifold cooler. The one for the TB im not too sure bout, but Turf Burn is only offering the spacer for the manifold. Maybe if enough demand is received, then he could make a TB spacer too. But he said he would only make the 1.6 liter ones in he could re-coup the money he's spent on developing these spacers. He said he could make a batch if at least 5 people are interested in buying.

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
      what the heck are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

is it the troddle body spacers that your talking about... if so then i would be down for purchasing one. but what the hell is a phenolic spacer?
        sigpic
        1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
        1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
        2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Yeah, thats what Im talking about. Its the same thing as the TB spacer, but for the Intake manifold. The spacers are called Phenolic spacers because thats what they are made of. The spacer is made of some durable material to keep it from falling or breaking up. You can see what I am talking about if you go to the site: www.outlawengineering.com . Turf will make the spacer for the intake manifold right now and if enough demand is received, maybe the throttle body at a later time.

Originally posted by .Zero
          is it the troddle body spacers that your talking about... if so then i would be down for purchasing one. but what the hell is a phenolic spacer?

Comment

so ya need like $100 for a group buy for each person.. how many people do you need? If i get one i don't think would expect much.
            sigpic
            1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
            1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
            2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

As a rough estimation, Turf told me the price would be somewhere between 50-60 dollars (if I remember correctly). But depending on the number of people who purchase these spacers, he might be able to drop the price. Even as much as 10.00 extra. Right now, Ive managed to gather up two interested parties. A few other people are debating whether or not to join in. He said that he would do a batch no problem if at LEAST 5 people commit to purchasing. Then, depending on the success/failure of these spacers, he might be able to make a spacer for the throttle body. Just like what Outlaw Engineering offers on their site, but at a much cheaper price.

Originally posted by .Zero
              so ya need like $100 for a group buy for each person.. how many people do you need? If i get one i don't think would expect much.

Comment

I guess there wasn't enough interest in this. I would of imagined a little more, but oh well. Thanks everyone who contacted me about getting on the list for these. Maybe some other time....

Comment

What was the projected gain from this? Couldn't have been much could it

Comment

Originally posted by Xtracrispy
                    What was the projected gain from this? Couldn't have been much could it

Nah, not much of a gain. 1 or 2 at best. These spacers were mainly supposed to help keep the manifold and TB cooler, which translates to more HP. Based on the simple equation, C=HP were C equals cold (or cooler) air and HP is equal to HORSEPOWER!! The colder the air under the hood, the more HP that can be gained. The 2.0 and 1.8 liter Pros have this available to them (meaning the spacers) and I just thought it would be neat to have them for the 1.6 as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X