Trying to shut this protege up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to shut this protege up...

In an effort to shut this car up.. I am going to ditch the glass pack resonator that the muffler shop installed on my car.. The peace of crap. It does nothing for the sound.. In fact it maybe makes the damn car louder. Don't get me wrong the car sounds sweet, but I am tired of having to neutral up when I see police or turning heads on every damn city block..

I found this muffler shop on Webster Ave, past Fordham Road (for anyone familiar with the Bronx). They had this resonator that had a blockage in it. You couldn't see directly through it. I like that. I figure it should baffle the exhaust sound somewhat and quiet the car down. I wish I could find another muffler with passages, not a straight through muffler, but for now this will have to.

The guy told me 55 dollars installed, and they use a MIG welder hooked to Argon and the welds come out sweet. Then they coat it with spray paint (forgot the actual name) ....
    This should hopefull shut the can up.

---------------------
    I don't know if I can get the downpipe made from them though. It would be sweet if I could, but I know place down the block from me that would make it. I am waiting for the log manifold to come in the mail. If it actually gets here while there is still hot air outside, I can pull off the stock manifold and then start working on fitment ... then take the manifold to the machine shop and have them tig the flange on for the turbo flange and also the external wastegate. i don't know what it will cost me, but at this point do I care .... NO! lol..

I also got my intercooler in.. looks sweet.. Beau and MA did a damn good job with it. I will do the fitment for that after I finish the whole manifold thing and drilling the drain hole and blah blah blah... I have everything already though .. from oil lines to the blow off valve.. only things I don't have are minor stuff like a boost controller... (gave mine away to one of my boys with a turbo civic) and a EGT gauge (I want the Delfi gauge) ...

needless to say I won't be leaving this Protege anywhere aside from outside my window with all this stuff on it. It's serious out here how they steal cars every damn second. I am consdering putting full coverage on the car also.. ( I am accepting thoughts on that, let me know what you think)...

-----------------
    I am not around much sometimes... Usually because I am so damn busy with the two cars plus getting my life together. I also really don't speak much about the 2 cars aside from basic things, because sometimes I change my mind frequently.

Anyway thanks for reading a morning rant ..

later .
    Bruce
    Last edited by bruce95fmla; 10-13-2004, 08:29 AM.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

that spray is Anti-spatter...just keeps the splatter from sticking to the piece. And a pit bull will do miracles for the theft thing.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Na, that spray was actual paint. They put it on afterwards.. It was like some high temp spray.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

bruce,
        that glass pack you speak of, might be something like the cherry bombs. they're designed to break apart/burn out on the inside making them increase exhaust noise.
        Almost there

jdm tails... check
        jdm bumper... check
        ms lip... check
        ms grill... check
        ms sideskirts... check
        ms rear skirts... check
        ms spoiler... check
        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

All I know is that it's coming out.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
          X