help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

Hello everyone. i am new here and I need some mazda brother hood help. I have had my mazdaspeed protege for 1 year and 3months of HELL!!! the car has so many problems and I need some help. I am going to court with mazda next month because the car is a lemon.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS] [SIZE=3]
    [COLOR=Yellow]

ok

Comment

Please start a new thread, thank you.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

now I have a few questions about this car.
        1st-- the engine hesitation, is it normal for the engine to buck or jolt at 4k rpm
        2nd-- brakes, are they any good at all cause mazda replaced the pads and rotors and I still have brake issues
        3rd--boost spiking, is that normal for it to spike to 10-13 psi with no mods
        4th--intake, if you remove the stock air box and just install a intake cone without the arm and the sensor hangs what happens to the car??
        please help me out here, mazda says that I ****ed up my car and its all my fault that because the boost spikes are due to my turbo timer??? please reply at vegitason4@aol.com with subject as MAZDASPEED HELP" thanx in advance
        [COLOR=Yellow]

Comment

now I have a few questions about this car.
          1st-- the engine hesitation, is it normal for the engine to buck or jolt at 4k rpm
          2nd-- brakes, are they any good at all cause mazda replaced the pads and rotors and I still have brake issues
          3rd--boost spiking, is that normal for it to spike to 10-13 psi with no mods
          4th--intake, if you remove the stock air box and just install a intake cone without the arm and the sensor hangs what happens to the car??
          please help me out here, mazda says that I ****ed up my car and its all my fault that because the boost spikes are due to my turbo timer??? please reply at vegitason4@aol.com with subject as MAZDASPEED HELP" thanx in advance

is what i say to mazda customer service and the mazdaspeed protege 2003 black
          [COLOR=Yellow]

Comment

ummm... no your car should not do any of that. And as for the sensor... I believe it is there for a reason... I believe that is what is causing your bucking.

Comment

how about you return the car back to stock and then see if your problems are still there. i know the brakes are a seperate issue, but it seems as though that the others could be related.

2000 White Protege LX
              Sumitomo 195/60HR14
              2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
              Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
              Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
              Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
              Kenwood Music Keg
              Black Widow Keyless Entry
              Intake- Custom SRI
              Clear Corner Lights
              APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

I have an 03.5 and the hesitation could be a couple of things check your plugs. Same thing happened to me changed the plugs and back to normal. As far as spiking to 10-13 psi that should not happen with a turbo timer. The most my car ever spiked to was 8 psi. Not sure on the cone filter thing I have an Injen and have had no prob. Oh and yes mazda dealers suck ass with this car. Also do you have the "clunk" in the trunk it sucks just take it in they should take care of it. There are a lot of problems with these cars but I still love it.

Comment

Oh and you can get your ecu flashed this should help with hesitation if you have any more ?s check out msprotege.com they have a lot of info on our cars.

Comment

thanks for the info. the thing is that i am lemon lawing this car. engine hestation has not gone away after the ecu being flashed several times, brakes are making noise and mazda installed new brakes and pads 1 1/2 month ago. mazda also said that i installed a restriction valve hose for boost and I had no idea where and what that was until they showed me this item under my hood. mazda is blaming boost spikes on my turbo timer and engine hesitation on a valve that i didn't even install. what do you think that i can do???
                    [COLOR=Yellow]

Comment

If you're referring to the intake air temperature sensor (IAT) it can't just be left to hang. Its function is to measure the intake air temperature and the data it sends to the PCM along with the air density data from the MAF sensor together determine proper injector duration to maintain the correct A/F ratio. If the IAT can't measure the intake air temperature, the A/F ratio will not be right.
                      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

so you have an intake on your car but no tubing, just the cone? seems like your cone would be back way to far to properly "intake" air if I understand what your saying....

anyways, I think half your problems are your own from the way you are describing things.
                        Visit My Garage

Comment

Working...
                        X