Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit confused..

In reference to this page

I understand that rotating the strut mount changes alignment settings, but what does this part mean?

(A) +14' +14'
    (B) +29' 0
    (C) +14' -14'

+14 what? +29 what? I don't know what the units are, or what this means. 14 feet, which is what that normally denotes? Not likely.

I'd like to have the best performing alignment setting, but need to decipher this first.....

Attached Files
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Isn't that a fraction of a degree? Or minutes or something? I think that's what it means in Latitude and Longitude
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. There's no way I'm going to get 29° of camber. And which setting gets me the most castor and negative camber?

And what happens if you put it at the missing D position?

Comment

Interesting cause yesterday I got my Protegé aligned and the guy had to rotate the mounting blocks with the direction indicator pointing outside instead of inside cause otherwise he could'nt get the proper alignment. I changed my struts/springs this summer for Tokico's/Apex combo and I just put 'em back the way they were, the direction indicator pointing inside but apparently it had to change ... I guess it's cause of the dropped springs.

They also gave my a sheet with all the alignment specs on it for the 4 wheels.

Do you need any numbers off it just to compare? I'll post 'em when get home if you want.

Comment

Those are minutes as in a fraction of a degree.

Anyway, position A would give you the some more camber with the most caster possible. Position B would give you the most camber with no caster. Position C would give you some more camber with the least caster. Position D is stock.
            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

get camber plates !! no need for a decoder ring...LOL

Comment

Camber plates raise the car ~10mm, no?

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

I was thinking about getting the camber plates then having custom spring perches welded in. The perches would be 1" boxes that go above strut tower, lowering the car by 1" without sacrificing suspension travel. I'm not sure how far you could go it would interfere with the hood though. Anyone understand what I'm talking about? It's an idea anyway....or better yet, just get coilovers.

So how hard is it to make this alignment adjustment. Do you just unbolt the spring mount and turn it? Mike, is this something we can do on say, Sunday around 11am?

Comment

For sure. Do you have a GOOD jack? (Don't even try to pass off that ****ty bottle jack as a jack.)

Nevermind. I'll bring mine. :p:

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Dude, we got a 3 1/2 ton SUV jack, that jacks up like, 30"(IIRC). If we could find a stable spot to jack from, we could use this jack as a hoist. Anyways, it'll do fine.

Comment

In that case, WTF were you using a bottle jack to change your tires last time???????

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

LOL..we just got it last month.

Comment

Working...
                          X