This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I killed a civic hatch w/ type R ...

I was on my way to my friends house to play poker. Before I left the house I put back the bottle cuz I wanted to squeeze it again. (I remove the bottle every now and then so I wont have to use it everyday) At the light I gunned it till 2nd gear redline then I started slowing down when I saw this Red civic hatchback behind me coming up hella fast. We come to the next light. He was 2 lanes away from me I couldn't really see him light turned green he launched and he launched hard I can see him 1 car away from me w/ this smoke coming out of his front tires. By the time I shifted to 2nd he was already 2 cars away from me. I shift to 2nd the hit my nos then redline to 3rd hit it again then 4th hit that **** again next thing I know he was 4-5 cars behind me that I had to look for him on my rear window. I actually had to turn my head and waist for me to be able to see his car. We came to the next light he asked me," Hey what kind of car is that?" My girl yelled out, " Its a Mazda 323" He went, " mazda 23232?" she said,"323" the guys went, "a 323 with what mod?" I lied to him and told him its all motor w/ built head. He yelled out," Mine is LS w/ type R pistons, and type R head and the basic bolt ons" I told him cool good race and I couldn't stop laughing so he asked me for a rematch and se we did and same results....at the next stop the people on the Slammed SUV was yelling at the red hatch," hey, fool ! you got smoked my a geo metro" they yelled that twice and I was laughing my ass off....

In a way it was bad cuz thats the 2nd time people thought that my car was a metro but on the other hand I like it so that they give you more props since they haven't seen cars like ours beating civics w/ all that mods...

Yeah I guess you can say the Nitrous does even things up.

Sounded like a pretty damn good race. I am assuming you can't squeeze half way through 1st right..

hmm Damn LS Block with type R pistons.. (high compression) and a Type R head.. That is supposed to seriously serious. Especially in a hatch.. my god.

Hmm a 323 with NOS and BP .. headers. intake.. could catch and pass him..
    Should mean that if you get a decent launch at the track you could run a 14 or so....

The civic hatch with type R motor should be good for 14's (mid to high?)

Anyhow good race.

I wanted to race this guy's VW R34 or whatever that blue **** is with big rims. But he turned off... Damit noone will test the 323 ..Guess I just have to go out one night and hunt..
    lol
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Cool... luckily you didn't kill any innocent by standers.

Comment

yeah top of 3rd is umm 80 mph and when you hit 4th .. well .. let me shut up.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I have raced and beat a 14 sec cars. so yeah for sure the 323 can hit 14's easy.
          I raced him at the expressway at night time. There is no turns on pedestrian crossing on this particular spot where we ran.

Comment

cool, good kill.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I was just giving you **** man...

Comment

The Civic was out of tune...or something's seriously off. That is, if he wasn't lying about his setup like you were.
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                  The Civic was out of tune...or something's seriously off. That is, if he wasn't lying about his setup like you were.
                  its street racing... most likely

Comment

You guys talk about what cars should be running in the 1/4. What you really need to focus on is what the driver is capable of running. I've noticed that for every 10th I take off my 60' I notice a 10th of a second or more off my 1/4... hmmm...

So if someone driving a LS/VTEC Civic hatch has a car capable of running a 14.5 with a 2.0 60' then if he runs a 2.5 60' he'll be running a low 15. Too often people concentrate on power vs learning how to drive.

Example:

Kid buys an '04 Neon SRT-4, a car capable of running a high 13/low 14 bone stock.
                    Kid goes to track and runs a 14.5 with a 2.6 second 60'
                    Kid goes to MOPAR retailer and purchase a bunch of upgrades.
                    Kid goes back to track and runs a 13.9 with a 2.6 second 60'

Lesson:
                    If said kid had spent more time at the track learning how to drive he could have ran a 13.9 without spending money on upgrades. And when he did upgrade he would have been running a mid/low 13... interesting...
                    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                      I've talked to this guy b4 and yes he did have the LS engine on there but back when I talked to him which was 3 weeks ago he had his nitrous.

Comment

i dunno that type-r hybrid hatch should be much faster lol. probably capable of high 13s
                        00 dakota 4x4
                        90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

o yeah definitely ^^^ but then the car I raced wasn't type r motor. It was an LS w/ type r pistons n ****...

Comment

you said it had the Type R head on it.

So what part isn't a type R at this point?

fact: the car, if it's what you say it is, is FASTER than you are.
                            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES
                            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

he did have the pistons and head should be considered as a type r but it aint...
                              Anyways I want to talk to him and maybe I'll ask him if I can take pic of his car. I met him before when he was running nitrous. He works at Kragen I'll see whats up.

Comment

Working...
                              X