Oh Great!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Great!!

So I left my sunroof tilted last night and it rained. I had the inside slider closed though. The rain left some nasty red rust looking stains on the interior headliner. I used to smoke and let people smoke in the car, and I noticed that under the sun visors, it is nice and clean but everything else has like a yellowish nicotine color to it. What do you guys clean your headliners with... if it is even possible. Thanks

damn, remove that shiat and steam clean like cablemirc did to his 12 year old.....
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

try simple green or 409 thos both work very well
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

don't smoke in your car, that should solve the problem.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

yeah a steam cleaner will work, or those bottles of carpet cleaner with the little brushes on it too.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Im definetly interested in this too.
            My headliner looks like shiat, with dirty hand prints all over it.

Isnt the headliner glued on, taking it off would be a bitch. The carpet clear would definetly be a good idea but Im just afraid taht the headliner might warp or unstick

Comment

Well, i found some fabric cleaner that I got when I bought my couches... I am gonna try that first. It does a great job on the couches, so i am hoping it does the same on the car!

Comment

carpet and upolstry cleaner... just get some at walmart
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

You have to be careful with headliners! They are glued to the ceiling, and too much water penetrating the headliner will loosen the headliner, and you will end up with a sagging headliner.
                  I had to clean a headliner a couple months ago when my mom left a can of Dr Pepper (unopened) in her car overnight, when it got down to 18*F! The damn can exploded in the car, and I had to clean Dr Pepper out of most of the headliner, door panels, and the front seats.
                  I made a solution of warm water and Woolite. I put a spot of Woolite about the size of a half dollar in a 5-quart bucket, and filled it about half way with warm water. Then I used a WalMart Microfiber towel to gently rub the Woolite/water into the stains, and used another MF towel to dry the area after the stain was gone. It worked very well...I did the whole job in about 20 minutes. The only downside is that you may have a stiff neck after this.
                  5spd Maxima SE - SOLD
                  '99 Protege LX 5spd, silver

Comment

detailer, you like reviving threads? ;P

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                    91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                    95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
                    96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                    90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
                    98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

I'm just helping where I can.
                      I'm no expert on Proteges at this point, but I have plenty of knowledge in detailing to share.
                      5spd Maxima SE - SOLD
                      '99 Protege LX 5spd, silver

Comment

At work I use a carpet cleaner or an all purpose cleaner. Forgot the company that makes the stuff, the carpet cleaner is Action Foam, the other is Power Foam. Since they made the cans so you can only spray em upside down, you gotta put it on a rag and then rub it in. Ofcourse don't rub too hard, you can fuzz up the headliner.

We get a lot of used cars that have been smoked in. They're disgusting. That said, I think my Protege was smoked in, though there's no smell of it, only a burn hole or 2 in the seat(though I got MX-3 seats now ofcourse), maybe they smoked something else, which would account for the defroster being left on and melting the switch out, and the shotty exhaust work...anyway if you got yellow on the headliner it's prolly just better to get another from a junkyard rather than trying to clean what you have.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
                        X