swap trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap trouble

alright i just got a shop to swap my gtx in. While they were swapping it in they decided they would swap my injectors.. to my n/a injectors. also on the IC piping job they have the VAF just after the TB after the BOV then to the IC back to the bottom of the turbo then the intake on the turbo is just to cone filter..
    i dunno if it matters but i thought the VAF should be right before the cone filter..
    neways this is the problem.. for some reason 2 injectors are wide open and are flooding it pretty bad..
    if neone has any idea of whats wrong please tell me..
    something that might also help me is if someone could tell me about the injector setup on the gtx
    like what parts do i use from my stock gt fuel rail system and what from the gtx
    if i have to use neparts from my gt fuel rail cause i remember them saying they had plugs left over
    thanks for the help.. glad to be back online on the forum

since the GTX injectors flow better, I would suggest using them over the stock ones especially while running turbo.

The injector problem is probably b/c the VAF is reading a massive amount of air b/c of the turbo pressure. I would be moving it to behind the air filter, would lessen the amount of air it senses, and then your ecu would less the amount of fuel used, resolving the flooding issue. I have never heard of putting the VAF there. Just sounds wrong to me.

stock injectors off of the GTX are something like 330cc or so. Not sure about the NA ones cc. I am sure it has been posted, just search for it.

Not sure about the fuel rail differences... I think that the plugs are different tho. Going to have to ask some of the EGT ppl...
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
      ...The injector problem is probably b/c the VAF is reading a massive amount of air b/c of the turbo pressure. I would be moving it to behind the air filter, would lessen the amount of air it senses, and then your ecu would less the amount of fuel used...
      dude, think about what you just wrote.

How would the VAF read a different ammount of air depending on where it's placed? That just doesn't make any sense, pressurized or not the VAF will read the same ammount of air.
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

alright i will move my VAF tomorrow...
        i went to the shop today and i guess all 4 injectors are wide open

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
          dude, think about what you just wrote.

How would the VAF read a different ammount of air depending on where it's placed? That just doesn't make any sense, pressurized or not the VAF will read the same ammount of air.
          think about it. If you put the VAF before the turbo its reading at 1 atm of pressure at the most right? Well if you put it after the turbo before the TB as he said and you were boosting, you would have more than 1 atm of pressure going through the VAF. causing what I said to be true.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
          X