oil lines...question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil lines...question

seeing that my car snt gonna sell...and the turbo thing is getting within reach. I have always wondered about runnign oil lines to the turbo. I was never 100% sure of how people actually tapped into the block and got it to the turbo. How reliable is the oil filter adapter plugs for runnin oillines?

i was thinkin of using one of these to run the oil lines to and from the turbo? Is it reliable enough to be used on the turbo?

also what is the correct name for those things?? its been bugging me

Link doesn't work...

As for the Oil/coolant lines, Bp's have two fittings on the front of the block to the right and behind the exhaust manifold; IIRC the fitting the top is for the oil and the bottom one is for the coolant. Thats the easiest way to run the lines.
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
      seeing that my car snt gonna sell...and the turbo thing is getting within reach. I have always wondered about runnign oil lines to the turbo. I was never 100% sure of how people actually tapped into the block and got it to the turbo. How reliable is the oil filter adapter plugs for runnin oillines?

i was thinkin of using one of these to run the oil lines to and from the turbo? Is it reliable enough to be used on the turbo?

also what is the correct name for those things?? its been bugging me
      Use the 'plugs' (bolts) on front of the engine near the tranny... those are where the GTX's take their oil and coolant. I can't remember what thread it is but I can check that for you. I know it's 10 mm for oil and 12 mm for coolant but can't remember pitch.

What I did is I went out to buy 2 bolts, 1 that is 10 mm*'can't remember' and the other 12 mm * 'can't remember' , both 2" long and I had 'em gun-drilled on the lathe (all the way through) as big as I could without make it weak of course. I cut the heads off and bingo, cheap fittings!

Tell me if you need the specs, I'll check 'em tomorrow after work.
      Last edited by Maz1.8T; 10-19-2004, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I can take pics too if you want ...

Comment

yes please....i think ive seen what your talkin about. pics would be greatly appreciated..

Comment

yes please....i think ive seen what your talkin about. pics would be greatly appreciated..
            Ok, I'll post 'em after work tonight.

Comment

Read my post on how-to turbo your BP. All you need to do is goto your friendly mazda dealership and get the coolant nipple, banjo bolt and an oil pipe from a 1988-89 323 GTX from america. Alot easier than drilling and what not.
              BP-05 Turbo-Sold
              2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by elscotto80
                Read my post on how-to turbo your BP. All you need to do is goto your friendly mazda dealership and get the coolant nipple, banjo bolt and an oil pipe from a 1988-89 323 GTX from america. Alot easier than drilling and what not.
                Sorry but I have machinery on hand and the friendly Mazda dealer is an hour away from me, so I'll stick with my 2$ bolts and half an hour of work.

I ain't bitchin', there are just many ways to get this done, depends on your situation and capacities.

Comment

Yeah, for me it would be a trip to the stealership down the street... I don't have access to that kind of machinery.
                  '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                  '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                  '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                  '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                  '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                  '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Does anyone know the name of that part, that goes between the oil filter, and block. tThat people use to run oil to and from oil coolers??

Comment

jitb37: very sorry, I could'nt get the pics tonight. I had to go sign the papers for my new appartement and it's an hour away from me, and that's aside of the hour and a half I have to drive from work to home so I spent the evening riding the Protegé! Be sure I'll get you the pics and bolt specs tomorrow, at least this week.

Comment

just connect the feed line with a T from oil sending unit to charger.
                        1st sohc auto
                        2nd sohc turbo auto
                        3rd sohc turbo 5 speed
                        4th dohc swap turbo
                        5th KLDE
                        6th 1994 323

Comment

aight ill be on the lookout for pics...

Comment

aight ill be on the lookout for pics...
                            Ok sorry for the delay, I'm way over my head with that new appartement...

I took more pics for fun and so that it's easier to understand.

The oil and coolant fittings on the block:

Fittings alone:

Block alone to show the holes for oil and coolant supply, note the oil return on the oil pan, right where the stock GTXs have it, it's a place made for the return since the PAN is way thicker there, on that 'mounting pad'. :

Random pics of the setup on a SOHC ***FOR TESTING ONLY, IT DOESN'T FIT!!! ONLY 2 BOLTS WILL ALIGN***:

Comment

That block is rusted to hell. Make sure you used some kind of a metal, or solid pipe for your oil supply as the pressure in just a hose will blow it out in no time at all.
                              BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                              2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
                              X